What's new

Hello from Denmark

I don't live in Denmark my friend. I visited Amsterdam many years ago when I was in the service. Dated a fine young woman there and saw the sights in the "Red District" good memories. I don't have the slightest idea on where to purchase shaving goods in Denmark. Undskyld min ven....

Haha, quite OK! Your pronunciation was just flawless ;-). I can't really tell from your post if you believe Amsterdam is a part of Denmark.. ;-)
I have been to Amsterdam (in the Netherlands) a couple of times myself. Lovely city. Has some of the same qualities as Copenhagen. Great city to bike around in. Red light district is always interesting. It's funny how there is so many churches. They say it's because sin and salvation goes hand in hand...

Sorry, bad geographical location. Clarification, the young lady was from Denmark and I met her in Amsterdam. She was working there and I was on leave. Almost 25 years ago. Sorry for the mix up. My memory is shot......:out:

Welcome Peter !....Your arsenal looks very formidable !...You'll enjoy it here, and I was glad to hear last year Denmark was proclaimed "Happiest Country on Earth"..

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Peter, welcome!

I've been to Denmark twice, and brought home bottles of Espirit de Valdemar Fougere aftershave from the local Foetex.

Is it considered "old guy" product? Who buys it?

I really like it but our Dane friends looked horrified when I mentioned it.

AA

Welcome Peter !....Your arsenal looks very formidable !...You'll enjoy it here, and I was glad to hear last year Denmark was proclaimed "Happiest Country on Earth"..

Thank you for the nice welcome! Malocchio!
Are you from Italy? I make my own pasta on an Atlas 150. Love it.

Last edited:
Peter, welcome!

I've been to Denmark twice, and brought home bottles of Espirit de Valdemar Fougere aftershave from the local Foetex.

Is it considered "old guy" product? Who buys it?

I really like it but our Dane friends looked horrified when I mentioned it.

AA
Haha, this just made me laugh! I would say that all types of Alcoholic aftershaves are considered very old school in Denmark :)

Thank you for the nice welcome! Malocchio!
Are you from Italy? I make my own pasta on an Atlas 150. Love it.
Yes.......Sicilian and "more".....nothing beats home made pasta , the Atlas is what my family used...built like a tank...By the way , we still love the old high proof aftershaves here , some of us still want to "seal nicks and disinfect"...

Yes.......Sicilian and "more".....nothing beats home made pasta , the Atlas is what my family used...built like a tank...By the way , we still love the old high proof aftershaves here , some of us still want to "seal nicks and disinfect"...

I wonder if an alum block also disinfects? I know it seals. If not, I can definitely see the use of aftershaves. Besides the smell, which of course is subjective.

Always great to learn more.

At my 35th birthday, I made Spaghetti Carbonara for 15 people. That was a lot of turning on the handle! Peccorino Romano d.o.p. and big chunks of Pancetta. Mmmm...

-a bath, if needed I use a face soap
-leave face damp
-preshave oil
-lather up in bowl, lather on
-shave WTG, lather on again, XTG, lather, and very gently ATG on the areas I'm.
comfortable with doing that (with each new shave I seem to have a better feel for
my whiskers, and can do a bigger area ATG). I rinse the razor often.
-wash soap of in hot water
-wash again in cold water
-use a clean dedicated shaving towel to pat the face down (The same towel is used
during shaving for drying the razor when it gets too wet).
-If I've made any mistakes, I use an alum block. (Rarely in use lately). I like that it
stings where I've gone wrong, then I know the areas of trouble for the next time
(rarely in use lately)
-Done!

Products used:
Musgo Real Glycerin Face Soap
Bluebeards Revenge Pre Shave Oil
Mühle Silvertip Fibre 21mm brush
Proraso Red shaving soap
Merkur 34C (HD)
Feather New Hi-stainless Platinum Coated Blades
Mühle Shaving Towel
Alum Block
Peter

1½ year later I've come closer to shaving heaven. Less steps, faster and better (safer) technique:

Warm water, prorasso green/red soap, 3 times wtg, cold water, towelpadding, face mouisturizer.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Happy to hear that all is going well. Proraso soaps are one of my favourite soaps. Glad that you like them to.

Top Bottom