What's new

Hello from Connecticut

Hello B&B

New member and new New to wet shaving. I just received my first razor Muhle R89 Grande. Will shave later tonight.

I want to thank everyone in advance for all my newbie questions

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome. Two things: 1. Use as little pressure as possible; let the weight of the razor do the work.
2. For your second shave, use even less pressure.

You are about to engage in whisker reduction, which is different from shaving with a cartridge. Hence, two or three passes. No pressure, light touch.

I had my first shave with my Muhle R89 Grande and it went pretty well. I need to get better with my angle and learn to not apply pressure . I did pretty good but every once and a while I noticed I was applying pressure. I used the Astra SP blades. I was worried I would be bleeding but all went well I only did two passes wtg and atg.

Thanks for welcoming me here!!!
Brian

Sounds like you're off to a great start. That's a fine razor you have there. I hope you have lots of great shaves with it.

Welcome the the forum! I am still getting used to holding the right angle under my chin. So after my third pass, I still feel around and just hit the spots that have left over stubble. You will see the term YMMV often on the forum. Basically "Your miles may vary"! Good luck Let us know how it went.

Thanks for all the welcoming messages !

I have not yet used a shaving brush. Before I buy one I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Would a Yaqi synthetic be a good first brush??
Thanks,
Brian

I have not yet used a shaving brush. Before I buy one I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Would a Yaqi synthetic be a good first brush??
Thanks,
Brian
Are you within commuting distance to NYC. If so, take the metro north in
And go to Pasteur. They have it all.

Hello B&B

New member and new New to wet shaving. I just received my first razor Muhle R89 Grande. Will shave later tonight.

I want to thank everyone in advance for all my newbie questions

Thanks,
Brian
Greetings Brian. I too am a newbie and have found this site indispensable. I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I am!

Thanks,
Brian

I have several synthetics. Two are Yaqi’s and they are my favorites.
The 26mm Timber Wolf and the 24mm Sagrada Familia are both very soft, splay nicely and whip up a great lather. You can’t go wrong with the quality and the price.

Top Bottom