What's new

Hello from Chicagoland...

Greetings all,

For quite a while when I am looking for info on a particular razor setup or just overall shaving questions I seemed to always click to come here. Why it took me so long to actually sign up with the forums, I have no idea. But I'm here now.

I've been a long time straight razor, and safety razor user, and never really liked the multiple blade razors that have hit the market over the decades. I just purchased my first kamisori blade and hope to have a successful, blood free experience with it. Being on blood thinners makes it that much more important, and for safety reasons a cartridge setup would probably be the best, but as we all know, NOTHING beats a real shave.

Thanks!!!

Greetings all,

For quite a while when I am looking for info on a particular razor setup or just overall shaving questions I seemed to always click to come here. Why it took me so long to actually sign up with the forums, I have no idea. But I'm here now.

I've been a long time straight razor, and safety razor user, and never really liked the multiple blade razors that have hit the market over the decades. I just purchased my first kamisori blade and hope to have a successful, blood free experience with it. Being on blood thinners makes it that much more important, and for safety reasons a cartridge setup would probably be the best, but as we all know, NOTHING beats a real shave.

Thanks!!!
Based upon your intro title, the best advice I can give you is: "Merz Apothecary, Lincoln Square!"

(if you're not already aware)

@Capisco Capisce

This is the first time I've heard of Merz Apothecary. After spending a couple minutes looking at their web page, I think I know where I'll be going this weekend!!! Thank you for letting me know about them.

@Capisco Capisce

This is the first time I've heard of Merz Apothecary. After spending a couple minutes looking at their web page, I think I know where I'll be going this weekend!!! Thank you for letting me know about them.
My pleasure..

The "shaving only" brick & mortar attached store is called "Q Bros", and the online store is called 'smallflower.com'. The advantage of a visit of course, is not only can you physically hold prospective items in your hand, but pretty much all the expendable products like creams and aftershaves have a tester. They don't mind if you linger or have questions, so be prepared to spend some time. Unfortunately, street parking is less than optimal on that stretch of Lincoln. I might consider Uber, if so inclined.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B. If you are on blood thinners you just have to be a little more careful when using the razor and don't underestimate the value of good lather.

Greetings all,

Thanks!!!
Welcome aboard

Top Bottom