What's new

Hello from Alaska

Hello everyone. Technically a new member here but have been lurking for awhile. Currently living in Alaska (originally from NYC) after retiring from the Air Force here back in February (24 yrs). Not the best place for a wet shaving enthusiast as this is definitely beard country...lol.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.... And thank you. While I haven't engaged in discussion before, I have definitely learned and used some great info shared in the forums.

Looking forward to some company as I jump down the rabbit hole of wet shaving. Especially since neither my wife...nor my wallet...are as supportive as I'd like them to be 🙂. Lol

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello everyone. Technically a new member here but have been lurking for awhile. Currently living in Alaska (originally from NYC) after retiring from the Air Force here back in February (24 yrs). Not the best place for a wet shaving enthusiast as this is definitely beard country...lol.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.... And thank you. While I haven't engaged in discussion before, I have definitely learned and used some great info shared in the forums.

Looking forward to some company as I jump down the rabbit hole of wet shaving. Especially since neither my wife...nor my wallet...are as supportive as I'd like them to be 🙂. Lol

Welcome to Badger & Blade! :)

Its rare that a spouse would be supportive of ones shaving addiction....cough...hobby. Around and around we go, spiraling down the rabbit hole, where we end up, no one knows. But one things for sure, as long as DE shaving is making us happy, thats all that matters.

Wallets? Bank accounts? What are these concepts? As soon as the money goes in them, it comes right back out just as fast, that is the life, of the DE shaving warrior. And inflated credit statements, nobody cares about those, spend spend spend!

HAHA! If you need an enabler, I'm your guy, always happy to give you a nudge when needed lol. But seriously, I am really glad that you are having fun here, and that you joined the best rootin tootin shaving forum on the internet. I love talking about DE shaving too hehe. 😁

Congrats on your retirement. AAFES sells some of the best generic DE blades for $1.49 per 10, so you don’t need to spend big on blades for a great shave.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to B&B from sunny Florida.... just about as far apart as on can get in the States... Alaska to Florida.

You'll like it here, down at the bottom of the rabbit hole!

As for your wallet and spouse, part of the fun here is everyone making their own mostly-informed decision about their-bang-for-their-buck. Something for everyone!

Congrats on your retirement. AAFES sells some of the best generic DE blades for $1.49 per 10, so you don’t need to spend big on blades for a great shave.
Appreciate it brother. Yeah, I picked up a tuck from the BX just cause they were there...but I assumed they wouldn't be that great. I'll have to give them a run. Pretty set on blades currently as I have 100 ea. of GSB, Personna lab blue, Rapira Plat Lux and Wizamet...and still going through some sample packs.

I shave my head and have a big bushy Alaskan style beard. Got the thumbs up from an Alaskan lady on Friday - that it would pass in Alaska. Welcome. I think of San Antonio or Tucson as Air Force cities.

Top Bottom