What's new

Hello from a Newbie...

Welcome to B&B, it's never too late to get into DE shaving. I tried once when I was a kid, didn't take to it, and now I've come back to it 40 years on. I'm loving it. Like you I got fed up with the increasing costs of replacement cartridge blades and the lousy shaves they seemed to be giving in recent years.

I got started yesterday and my first two shaves have went pretty well. I did one shave with soap and one with cream. I got the soap to whip up to a nice lathery cream, but the cream I had trouble with. It was a bit too foamy. Not sure if my brush was too wet or too dry?

Also, I have a question about passes. I read people saying that they make anywhere from 3-6 passes. By this do they mean that they are lathering up as much as six times during a shave?

Yes you always re-lather before another pass. A good badger brush should hold enough lather for 3 passes or so.

The idea behind re-lathering is that you always need a barrier between the razor and the face, helps protect against irritation and razor burn. Talking from experiance, helps stop weepers also.

Top Bottom