What's new

Hello from a new user

I think I might try this sample pack.

Unless anyone would have any better suggestions possibly? :)

Maybe this, if you’re in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. I’m pretty new too. I definitely found all the advice to use no pressure was really important.

I started with a Merkur 34c, you see those regularly recommended for new folks, and I think well of it. Ironically, I use it with Astra SP. Also everyone raves about post war Gillette techs (1946 and later). They can be found on eBay adult and I have found they are a nice shave.

if highly recommend considering a sampler pack of blades, and a sampler pack of shaving creams (maggars). That may help you on the journey!

I found another sample pack on eBay I might try. Seems to have a good mix of blades.

Your recent posts made me think about our journey:

1) Wondering about shaving;
2) Joining a (THE) shaving forum;
3) Asking about shaving;
4) Searching the net about shaving;
5) Buying more stuff for shaving...

It’s such a well-trodden path 🤔 and yet...we all do it 🙄🙄🙄

It’s a wonder we find the time to shave! 😝

Welcome to B&B.
Unless anyone would have any better suggestions possibly?
I am not sure which razor you have but I assume it is the metal TTO Wilkinson Sword Classic which would seem an acceptable razor to start your journey and develop your technique. Continual changing of blades may not help improve your technique if you are to avoid irritation, weepers, nicks and cuts.
The Astra SP should give you a good shave so do not dismiss them; they have a good balance of sharpness and smoothness.
Improve your technique before trying any new razors.
Proraso Sandalwood and Cella are easy to lather and are worth trying.

Welcome aboard!

I agree with the suggestion that you read through the Wiki and tutorials. Stick with this and your results will improve dramatically. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Due to my sensitive skin I tried a cold water shave today and my goodness the difference in irritation I got was surprising compared to hot water. Pretty much little to no irritation. I tried a new blade today for one side of my face (Tesco UK DE Blade) and Astra SP ( on the other side). No/very little irritation on each side but the Tesco UK DE Blade seemed to provide BBS after the 3rd pass which was ATG. The Astra side was not as BBS but still close. :)

Next shave I am going to try Astra SP one more time then the shave after that the Tesco Blade, then I will make my decision on whether I will continue to use the Astra blade.

Top Bottom