What's new

Hello from a long time lurker

Been following these boards for a bit now and thought it would be proper to finally say hi and thank everyone for the advice posted throughout these forums.

About me: currently living in Kentucky and returned to using a DE razor after about 40 some years. Learned to shave with a double edge, but moved on to cartridge and disposable razors and soap in a can.

I found this board a few months after my return while trying to learn more about the "hows", "whats and "whys" of shaving. I also had an interest in reducing both blood and skin loss. :)

What I've learned so far:
  • Shaving is a skill. My technique grows the more I do it.
  • It's all about bear reduction - best advise I've gotten here.
  • Pay attention, accidents happens when the mind wanders.
  • Get the technique down before messing with the equipment

Finally, shaving has become more enjoyable for me through this process- it's almost a morning meditation where I stop the outside noise and just focus on me and the moment. Some nights I even drift to sleep thinking about my morning shave- it no longer feels to be a chore.

Again thank you all for the knowledge and advise.

Scott

Finally, shaving has become more enjoyable for me through this process- it's almost a morning meditation where I stop the outside noise and just focus on me and the moment. Some nights I even drift to sleep thinking about my morning shave- it no longer feels to be a chore.
That is unique! I have never heard this logical extension of the joy of shaving being expressed like that before. Cool!

You will be very happy here I suspect.

Welcome to B&B brother!

Welcome to B&B Scott. If you really want to amp up your wet shaving pleasure explore the straight razor world of wet shaving!

I must admit the best shaves I've had were with a straight razor, just not by my own hand. There's no better experience that a good shave by a barber who knows what they're doing. Maybe one day I'll give it a try on my own.

Scott

Top Bottom