What's new

Hello everyone!

Hi,
I've been looking at posts on this forum for the last 3 months or so and having picked up a number of useful tips I decided to take the plunge and register. I've been DE shaving for the last 12 months and can't believe I never tried it earlier. Having used cartridge razor blades and canned foam I was sick of being ripped off with the cost etc. so decided to give it a go. Looking forward to sharing future shaving experiences with you all.

Regards, Ripitup

Welcome aboard!!

I suggest you read over the Wiki and watch a few videos. That may save a ton of time and $!!

Welcome:). Hope all goes well as you progress. :a14:

I gave my son in law a 1956 Red Tip last Spring and a supply of Astra blades. He’s used it ever since. He said yesterday that he can’t believe how much shaving used to cost.

He hasn’t tried the Bakelite slant, but will. I’m taking him a Gillette SC this weekend to try.

Last edited:
Welcome! I think it's been a year myself using de razors. Part of the reason for switching over was the exhoribant cost of cartridges, but my main reason was they gave me terrible razor burn and awful looking red splotches on my face, so would shave maybe once a week. All that has since disappeared, and look forward to my next shave. Enjoy your stay here and sure, you can save a bundle if you refrain from making this a hobby.

Welcome and it's a great way to shave but....

Beware of the enablers lurking in every corner! Don't get sucked into the DE, blades, straights, brushes, soaps, strops and stones rabbit holes lol!

Welcome to the forum - a real mine of information, advice and even warnings .. Right at your fingertips.
As a newbie myself I too have to resist the urge not to stray too close to the edge of the rabbit hole. Thanks for the tip Mawashi.

Welcome. I was in the same boat with the added advantage of cartridges ripping up my face. So, dicovering DE had an added advatage for me. Simply put, I hated shaving, full stop. Now, I can't wait to my next shave. And if you knew me, this comment would be very out of character. The artisan soaps sealed the deal, too. They're awesome and wonderful. Best.

Top Bottom