What's new

Hello everybody

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
About SR, I may some day try SR but first I have to be sure with DE shaving. I still nick myself like once in 5 shaves (usually due bad prep).
One day you will regret thinking that way.

SR shaving is safer than DE shaving. It is just fear of the unknown that stops many from learning the gentlemanly art.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

This is the way.

Welcome to the forum and your new rabbit hole. It goes pretty deep. ;)
😀 so far so good only 3 razors (but I’m getting maybe one more - R41 SS Grande as possible future substitution fo R41 zamak. As I’ve read a lot of zamak discussion here on B&B and also on other sites and it is not looking good with zamak razors. If only I knew that sooner before I went all zamak :001_07:

I feel like I'm out of the loop here! What about zamak razors?
3 is a pretty decent start. ;)
Zamak razors allegedly tend to rot as some users reported once chrome platting is peeled away on a thread or on cap, safety bar etc. I have already found very small peeled away chrome on my R89 under the cap after like 5 months of use, if it starts rotting away in couple of months I’m not happy. But R89 is ok but if same happens to R41 at least there is R41 SS version.

Zamak razors allegedly tend to rot as some users reported once chrome platting is peeled away on a thread or on cap, safety bar etc. I have already found very small peeled away chrome on my R89 under the cap after like 5 months of use, if it starts rotting away in couple of months I’m not happy. But R89 is ok but if same happens to R41 at least there is R41 SS version.
Fair enough! I tend to lean towards stainless steel for the time being. And maybe titanium if I find "the right one". ;)

Nothing wrong with ZAMAK based razors from my point if view. Repeatable to produce easily, corrosion-resistant, affordable, yet if you take care of razor (not droping from height, clean every now and then...) should be as good as i.e. bathroom faucets, similar technology. But, as disclaimer I guess that it comes to QC as well, and different manufacturers might cause trust issues depending on their own commitment.

R89 for example, nearly 3 years now, daily usage:
IMG_20220218_185029.jpg

as good as unboxed 🤗

Nothing wrong with ZAMAK based razors from my point if view. Repeatable to produce easily, corrosion-resistant, affordable, yet if you take care of razor (not droping from height, clean every now and then...) should be as good as i.e. bathroom faucets, similar technology. But, as disclaimer I guess that it comes to QC as well, and different manufacturers might cause trust issues depending on their own commitment.

R89 for example, nearly 3 years now, daily usage:
View attachment 1470181
as good as unboxed 🤗
Yep, I talked with a guy selling shaving stuff. It looks like zamak muhle is using is somehow better than EJ’s for example because he said he has not so many claims on Muhle but quite a lot on EJ razors. So yeah that is a good news for R89 at least.
Btw thanks fo sharing your experience, nice rose gold handle 👍🏻

Welcome to B & B where the people are amazing, the topics are varied and information is endless. Rabbit holes abound and while dangerous most of our learning comes by falling down one or two on occasion 😵‍💫.
Definitely a great place and a great group of people to learn from.

Top Bottom