What's new

Hello. Blade question.

I have purchased a blade sampler pack. Is there any particular order I should use these in? (some are better to start with, some are more aggressive, etc.)

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Crystal
Shark Super Stainless
Lord Super Stainless

Welcome to B&B.

With those blades, you could start with any one. Just take notes of which blades work for you, which are uncomfortable, etc.

When I got my sample pack I got 5 of each blade so I started with one and keep cycling through them until I found which one worked best for me. I found the Gillette Silver Blue to be very sharp but forgiving, the 7 O'clock to be right behind it in sharpness and the Sharks to be mid level sharpness. I haven't tried the Crystal or Lord. Hope this helps.

Pick any to start with and go through at least 3 of each brand, then move to the next brand.

After that go through 2 cycles of one blade of each brand in succession.

Then rank them.

Enjoy!

I'd start with the Sharks and Lords. The others are considered by most to be pretty sharp. Just my .02. Welcome, and good luck.

Got a BBS shave from the shark in my Gillette 72 T2 Black Super Speed razor (recently acquired on Ebay). I made 2 initial passes, WTG/ATG. Then 3 more for small spots I either missed or just needed to go over again. I lathered between each one. Took a little longer, but the end result was worth it.

Top Bottom