What's new

Hello B&B

I’ve used this site off and on for about 10 years now, kind of a silent member, but finally made an account because I want access to the marketplace more then anything else. Ebay just keeps getting worse and worse and I always took the lazy route by selling anything I did not need over the years on ebay. The hard part is I have to now figure out how to make 49 more worthwhile posts, and that is coming from a guy who didn’t post for over 10 years on here, so I guess we will see if that pans out.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia. Thanks for checking in with us and actually reading the BST Forum Guidelines. You may think that another 49 posts will be difficult but it won’t be. Just participate and in no time you will be there.

@dmshaver, I’m a fan of Dr Harris and Proraso, and I got an old Gillette adjustable DE that has been a standby for awhile. Simpson synthetic brush and an omega boar I both like. Lately though the ease of a shavette razor has been my go to. What about you?

@dmshaver, I’m a fan of Dr Harris and Proraso, and I got an old Gillette adjustable DE that has been a standby for awhile. Simpson synthetic brush and an omega boar I both like. Lately though the ease of a shavette razor has been my go to. What about you?
Vintage Gillettes are a weakness of mine. They shave wonderfully! I’m currently on a binge with boar brushes, but our moods come & go like the seasons. What’s next, badger or synthetic? I hope you jump in on some conversations, the banter & friendships here are what makes this place special.

I think I am fully on board the synthetic boat now. I used to own some badger but all of my needs are met between the synthetic and the boar right now and I sold them off. I don’t really know anything, but I feel that the halcyon days of the badger brush are over and are increasingly losing marketshare in an already niche product in the shave industry. I think in another 10-15 years the only people making badger brushes will be the real high end custom manufacturers catering to the real shave nerds chasing that ultimate brush. (Again though, what do I really know?)

Welcome at long last! Honestly, it's not nearly as daunting as it seems. Just find a forum topic that interests you and jump in. Most days, there are so many posts that I can't get past the Safety Razors section. Whatever happens, it's good that you took the first step.

Top Bottom