What's new

Hello B&B

Hello all. Long time lurker (year plus) finally officially joining! I had been a cart shaver since...ahem..the 80's and finally converted to traditional wet shaving in late 2019. B&B taught me most of what I know. I'm still using an entry level WCS razor and synth brush but love both (along with a couple vintage Gillettes and a Gem) I still sample through soaps and blades a bit but Prorasso Red, Haslinger Schafmilch, B&M Seville, and Stirling Executive Man have been the main soaps and Astra SP, Israeli Reds, and GSBs have been the best blades for me. I'm starting to love Pinaud Aftershaves after grabbing some in the Christmas 50% sale...thanks again B&B!

Reading B&B converted, educated and entertained me...looking to perhaps start with straights when I have some more time in the summer. I've been really impressed with the generosity and civility of this group and am happy to have finally jumped in. Fellow lurkers...join! Now if only I can find spell check. Cheers!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hello all. Long time lurker (year plus) finally officially joining! I had been a cart shaver since...ahem..the 80's and finally converted to traditional wet shaving in late 2019. B&B taught me most of what I know. I'm still using an entry level WCS razor and synth brush but love both (along with a couple vintage Gillettes and a Gem) I still sample through soaps and blades a bit but Prorasso Red, Haslinger Schafmilch, B&M Seville, and Stirling Executive Man have been the main soaps and Astra SP, Israeli Reds, and GSBs have been the best blades for me. I'm starting to love Pinaud Aftershaves after grabbing some in the Christmas 50% sale...thanks again B&B!

Reading B&B converted, educated and entertained me...looking to perhaps start with straights when I have some more time in the summer. I've been really impressed with the generosity and civility of this group and am happy to have finally jumped in. Fellow lurkers...join! Now if only I can find spell check. Cheers!
Welcome to the family! Enjoy your journey.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum all the way from Australia. Thanks for checking in with us.

Welcome! Excellent choice trying a Gem and planning to get into straights, I wish I did that way sooner. There is a tonne of info here and it's more intuitive than you probably expect.

Welcome to the forum! If you want to hang out with some Gem fans, check out the Micromatic Monday thread.

Top Bottom