What's new

Hello, and Thanks.

Hi, just got into wet shaving in the last week. Had a mate at work bought one, and told me how great it is. I had wanted to try it for some time, but was worried that I would make a mess of it. After reading through various posts, got the right info on how to do it correctly. The info on here is amazing. Looking through the how to's, found some info on soaps and other products to try. Only had two shaves so far, but already have 2 creams, one soap, two aftershaves, two pre-creams, three brushes (one old one), three different blades, and more things to try on the way. This could get rather expensive. The first shave was not much better than the sensor excel that I have used since I was 17. I was getting rather bad rashes and ingrown hairs. I had never been shown how to shave properly, and hated it. Hence, I would only shave once every week or two. I'm sure this didn't help much with the awful experience. I find that this is now way more relaxing. In fact, I got a comment tonight: "but you only shaved yesterday." Tonight, the result was much better.
Once again, thanks for this great resource. I will be sharing it with anyone who I think may benefit from it.

G'day and welcome, Captain. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the Asylum....

Glad to have you here and you should know that there are a fair number of folks (ladies and gentlemen both) from DownUnder as part of the forum. Or FORA, if you prefer........ ...

Our house is your house
Nuestra casa es su casa
Notre maison est votre maison
Taigh againn tha taigh agaibh

Hi, just got into wet shaving in the last week. Had a mate at work bought one, and told me how great it is. I had wanted to try it for some time, but was worried that I would make a mess of it. After reading through various posts, got the right info on how to do it correctly. The info on here is amazing. Looking through the how to's, found some info on soaps and other products to try. Only had two shaves so far, but already have 2 creams, one soap, two aftershaves, two pre-creams, three brushes (one old one), three different blades, and more things to try on the way. This could get rather expensive. The first shave was not much better than the sensor excel that I have used since I was 17. I was getting rather bad rashes and ingrown hairs. I had never been shown how to shave properly, and hated it. Hence, I would only shave once every week or two. I'm sure this didn't help much with the awful experience. I find that this is now way more relaxing. In fact, I got a comment tonight: "but you only shaved yesterday." Tonight, the result was much better.
Once again, thanks for this great resource. I will be sharing it with anyone who I think may benefit from it.

Welcome to B&B! Great to hear of your experience.

Welcome! It can be tough starting out. It take a little bit for the correct angles to get locked down. Also, it takes time to figure out how your hair grows. For some folks, an across the gran pass is against the grain for another fellow, some people(like me) have sudden direction changes midway though a pass that I have to remember are there, etc. Lastly, make sure you prep your face and beard before shaving. Some folks like hot water, some cold, so don't care. Simple prep would be to wash your face, rub some conditioner or shaving cream on the whiskers, let sit for a minute or two, then lather up and shave. Once you've got your face mapped and can keep that 30 degree-ish angle and your soap is dialed in you'll see a world of improvement.

Welcome, i had a rough go at it my first month or so, maybe longer, but now my face is clear on razor burn rashes and ingrown hairs. You will find what you like. My advice is, if you want to try it, then just try it if you can afford it. You will find what you like and you can sell th rest on the B/S/T or PIF it.

Thanks for all the kind words. Just to clarify, I don't have a problem spending money on things to try, it is the explaining to the Mrs. why I "need" to spend it. She just wont see things the way I do. :laugh:

Thanks for all the kind words. Just to clarify, I don't have a problem spending money on things to try, it is the explaining to the Mrs. why I "need" to spend it. She just wont see things the way I do. :laugh:

I see some AD's (acquisition disorders) coming on in the near future. If you have no problem spending money then, if you see it you will buy it. Then before you know it, your bathroom is full, your dresser is full, and you will still have stuff coming in the mail and you have no where to put it. You may think, this guys crazy, what is he talking about, but just wait, it will happen. Its pretty awesome. Have fun trying stuff out, i know i have and still am. Enjoy

Top Bottom