What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Hello! An introduction...

Greetings everyone! My name is Sam Jordan and I am a new vendor here. The name of my company is Deacon Leather Co., and I am a one-man show located in Illinois. I have created many things out of leather over the years from fancy English Bridle briefcases to simple card wallets, and now I have a small line of wet shaving related gear to offer this fine community. I have been a dedicated wet shaver for almost 10 years now, and it brings me tremendous joy to merge these two passions of mine.

A bit about my work. I draw heavy inspiration from the English style of leather goods and luggage from about a century ago with some modern design influences. All of my work is done in the traditional way using an awl and two needles to create the saddle stitch. I use all of the best leathers and materials I can find and have relationships with many of the top tanneries and distributors in the world.

I am absolutely open to feedback on these items and would love to hear from the community about ways I could improve them. If there are any particular leathers you would like to see me offer I would love to hear it. I am trying to find the balance between giving people what they want and not overwhelming everyone with 15 different leather choices. I don’t mass produce or outsource anything, so supplies may be limited at times. I am confident in my craftmanship and stand behind all of my products so if the product you receive doesn’t meet your expectations I will do everything I can to make it right. You know my name and my reputation is all I have.

My goal is to offer the wet shaving community a luxury set of wet shaving related leather goods to match the quality of work being produced by the other extremely skilled artisans that are running wild and having a ton of fun within this group of awesome people. So cheers everyone, you’ll hear more from me soon.

Deaconleather.com

@deacon_leather (on Instagram)

Here are some examples of my work. I do not have many strops available at the moment, but I have more leather coming in the mail next week. Please note that the strops pictured below are Shell Cordovan from Toscana Italy. I have been using one of these strops for a couple weeks now and really enjoy it. It's slick and has a great draw. If you would rather purchase a strop created from Horween Shell Cordovan, I have some of that coming next week in a really nice Amaretto color that is just wonderful, albeit quite a bit more expensive. I also have Horween vegetable tanned russet horse available on the website ready to ship and some Horween Chromexcel coming next week as well. I live in Illinois so Horween shows up like Amazon Prime.

These strops are all hand sewn by me in my small shop. If you have ever wanted to have a bespoke razor strop made I would be happy to assist. There are so many amazing leathers available these days that can be used for the handles it is mind boggling. There are quite a few different hardware options available as well, so please ask if you would like more information. The ones on the website are already made, but if would like to put in an order for my next round of strops then initials or a short name embossed in gold/silver/or black foil on the handles can be done at no additional charge.

The web backing that I currently have available is an English natural flax linen. Its really nice stuff and slightly abrasive to prep the razor for stropping. Let me know if you would like to see additional options for second surfaces.

I wanted to offer a discount to everyone on the shell strops I currently have available on my website. Use the code "B&B" and get $20 off for a limited time only bringing the price down to $150 for an Italian shell strop with free USA shipping. Strops are shipped in a long flat box and not rolled or bent.

Thank you for looking and ask as many questions as you like.

BLKShellEtsy1.jpg
Shell5Etsy.jpg
DSC_0655.jpg DSC_0681.jpg
DSC_0671.jpg

emwolf

Contributor
very nice, do you have any wallet photos to share as well? Also, greetings from a fellow from the Land of Lincoln (or our older nickname, a fellow Sucker!).

Welcome Sam! Beautiful products, they look like very high quality and desirable pieces! I may not be one of your major customers, since we’re on opposite sides of the pond, but I wish you every success - hope your talents and efforts bring full rewards!

very nice, do you have any wallet photos to share as well? Also, greetings from a fellow from the Land of Lincoln (or our older nickname, a fellow Sucker!).
Thank you! It has been a while since I have done a bi-fold wallet so I don't have any recent photos of those but I am certainly capable of making a nice one if you are ever interested. I do have some photos of a couple shell cordovan card wallets on my website. I honestly like them a lot and more people are moving towards a minimalist wallet these days as people are moving away from cash and more banking is done via telephone.

Illinois is tons of fun right? I grew up at the top of the state and now I am at the bottom.

emwolf

Contributor
Thank you! It has been a while since I have done a bi-fold wallet so I don't have any recent photos of those but I am certainly capable of making a nice one if you are ever interested. I do have some photos of a couple shell cordovan card wallets on my website. I honestly like them a lot and more people are moving towards a minimalist wallet these days as people are moving away from cash and more banking is done via telephone.

Illinois is tons of fun right? I grew up at the top of the state and now I am at the bottom.
from Cook to Cairo? I was born and raised and still work in the middle.

Top Bottom