What's new

Hello all. New to forum. New wet shaver.

Hey all,

I am Brian and started wet shaving December of 2021. I tried the DE safety razor because I got tired of my cartridge razor clogging ALL of the time. I only shaved once a week, and my cartridge razors always tugged and clogged. I am a head and face shaver as well.
My first shave was with a Merkur 34c, TOBS Sandalwood, feather blades, and Big Bruce shave brush. I picked these products after watching many youtube reviews and reading this forum. I was shocked how well these products all worked so well my first shave...no clogging, no tugging, no more cartridges, CHEAP ! (yeah right), and much more fun.

Fast forward to July 2022. I have dozens of high end soaps. Yes, I am a safety razor addict and have over 30 razors now. I probably have 20 brushes. I watch men shave on youtube and find it relaxing. Now I am posting on a shaving forum. Is this the bottom of the rabbit hole ? I clearly have an addiction.

After the 8 months of my wet shaving I am shocked to see how many incredible products we have available to us. Out of ALL the things I have purchased, there are only a couple of products I haven't liked. Otherwise it's just me having preferences.

I am a daily face and head shaver so I prefer smooth and efficient, efficient but low blade feel. That given, the class of slant razors stand on it's own to me. My favorite razor is the ikon X3 followed closely by the Merkur 37c. However, I have only found a couple of DE safety razors I didn't like and wouldn't use again. This alone shows how many quality products there are available to us. There are even so many incredible performers that are CHEAP.
Cheers everyone !
Long time reader,
Brian H Shaves

Welcome to B&B. You’re nowhere near the bottom yet so fasten your safety belt, it’s a long way to the bottom wherever that may be. I don’t think anyone here has discovered it yet.
If you really want to amp up the fun factor have a go at straight razor shaving. It will be a new challenge for you. Just be sure if you have a go you use a truly shave ready razor.

Good afternoon, Brian. Newbie here. There is a post somewhere about adding a signature. If you find it please let me know.

Also, there is a useful link for spoilers I think unique to B&B.

Wonderful hearing so many success stories about the Merkur. I think one of my questions for you as a newbie myself is what do you do in organizing 30 razors?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod

.... If you really want to amp up the fun factor have a go at straight razor shaving. It will be a new challenge for you. Just be sure if you have a go you use a truly shave ready razor.

Top Bottom