What's new

Hello all, new poster shy lurker.

I've love reading this site. My name is Pete and I live in San Antonio Texas. I been following this site for the last six months or so. As a 56 year old I've shaved a few times. I think I might have a unique situation in my shaving habits.
I joined the military when I was 18. I just had peach fuzz on my chin at that age. The first drill sergeant I had said to shave every day no matter what. I had no idea what to do so grabbed so cheap disposable an ran it across my face. My facial hair grew quite thick over the years. I would continue to just use warm water and the cheapest cart that I can find. Needless to say I went through pain shaving in the morning. Cheap disposables and just water made for hard mornings. I put up with it for a long time.
About six months ago I saw something on the internet about shaving and it perked my interest. I went on amazon and bought a basic brush, bowl and because of this site Prorasso cream ans a Merker 34C.
I think at this point I'm starting to really enjoy my mornings a bit better. I have went to the antiques shops with my wife on weekends and picked up a couple of razors. I now have some older razors that I use more ofter than the 34C. I also found that I really like Trumpers Rose cream it's awesome. I just ordered some soap yesterday to try that. I think I need sharper blades. I',m using Astra blades (100 for ten bucks, hell yes) because I can hear the razor and blade going over my face and I need to do many passes to get a real close shave. I really focus on my shaving angle and I can hear the blade cutting hairs.
My daughter does pottery and said she would make me a bowl. this is why I want to try soup.I really enjoy reading this site. Just a bunch of people enjoying a small part of everyday life.

Thanks for your friendship,

Pete

Welcome to B&B, Pete! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join in the fun. It sounds like you are off to a great start on your DE shaving journey. You might want to think about getting a blade sampler pack so you can see which blades work best for you. Some audible feedback from your razor as you shave is not necessarily a bad thing, and it is pretty normal for most folks to do three or four passes (I do four passes plus touch ups) to get a clean shave. Your technique will get better with some practice. We would love to hear how you get on, so please keep us posted. :thumbup1:

Welcome. I wish I had a handmade bowl from my daughter. You are gonna end up buying lots of stuff hanging out on b and b but nothing will beat that bowl. Sample packs are great to try new stuff. Blades,soaps,creams,balms and aftershaves all come in sample packs. Good luck keeping it in control.

Welcome to B&B. I think you started with some good kit. Astra SP are good blades but it is worth trying a few others. I too like Taylors of Bond St creams.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Sounds like you've made it, finally! Welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for kind feedback. BTW, kalmor has been my gaming name for the last 15 years. I usually don't give out my real name but I fill very comfortable here.

Pete

Pete,
Welcome to the forum. Am also a noobie here and can't believe the amount of information I've stumbled across.

Top Bottom