What's new

Heirloom Users Club

Hi,

So, here are some shots of the Tech. It had an old Schick Platinum blade in it still. Has to be from 1990. I tossed the blade, then took the pics. I wasn't about to handle the razor with an old blade in it, especially one with Mouse Stuff!

$Dads_Tech_1.jpg

$Dads_Tech_2.jpg

$Dads_Tech_3.jpg

Stan

Oops. Forgot a shot:

$Dads_Tech_4.jpg

Finally, I think I am not actually going to shave with this. It is the condition Dad kept it: Never cleaned! I have that Pre-war Tech he gave me way back in 1976, and I can use it when I feel like a Tech shave. Plus, his NDC SuperSpeed. This Tech can just sit out on the counter and look like it always did. ;)

Stan

Last edited:
Hi,

Now, we have another one. This came out of an old suitcase of Mom's. A ladies travel razor:

$Evans_1.jpg

$Evans_2.jpg

$Evans_3.jpg

But...things are not *quite* what they seem:

$Evans_w_Tech.jpg

Yeah! That Evans is *tiny*!!

Stan

Hi,

There are a few blades with it those two items that say Evans on them are blade packs. Not that I am planning on trying to use it. I expect they would not cut my tough whiskers well, and even if they did, it would take f o r e v e r given the size!

Stan

Hi,

Ok. I tried the Evans. Cleaned and sanitized it and found that it was not worth the effort. As I suspected, it cannot cut my whiskers. Not even after six passes. This is a job it was never meant to do!

What prompted me was it is OCtober. Meaning when some of us use only Open Comb razors for the month. Of course, I had to report my find of a tiny OC razor to those guys, and they pointed out they would try it if they had it. So..... ;)

Stan

[MENTION=71834]KQY61[/MENTION]

Glad to hear you're leaving the Tech the way he would have. I think too many times people replate and or restore antiques and erase all the history. If that's the way he liked to keep it then that is the way it should stay.

I don't actually use it, except to park whichever razor currently has the blade in it.
My grandfather's scuttle:

Unfortunately, I don't know which grandfather it belonged to. I also have a mustache cup that belonged to the other grandfather, and the little slips of paper (in my mother's handwriting) identifying them got mixed up. I'll have to bring them to Mom and ask her if she remembers which was which.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, in honor of my father, for Veterans Day, I shaved with my my father's 1952 Gillette Black Tip Super Speed.

proxy.php

He was the highest decorated older I have personally known. RIP Dad.

We're having a family holiday get together today, with all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids. So I thought today would be a good day to break out Grandpas Prewar Tech.

Attachments

• $DSCF9743.jpg
    $DSCF9743.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 35
Back in the 60s, when I was a boy, I bought this as a gift for my dad:
IMG_1634.jpg

At the hospital where he died in 2000 a staffer handed me his personal effects. I found it in his dopp kit.
I use it every day.

Update to my earlier posting..

My father has been looking through some stuff to try and find my grandfather's straight razors and strop. He hasn't found them yet, but he did find this H-3 Slim in one of his toolboxes with a blade still in it. Did some cleaning and I think I have it back to usable condition. There's some staining and corrosion spots I couldn't eliminate, but I can live with it. Before and after pics:

IMG_20170217_215756.jpg IMG_20170217_215845.jpg IMG_20170218_111453.jpg IMG_20170218_111518.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I came from a family with a whole passel of kids and an abiding understanding of "new to me" hand-me-down. As the oldest boy though what came to me was seldom hand-me-down clothes and more often watches and fountain pens and razors and fortunately much is still around. Here are a few such hand-me-downs:

Dad's Post War Aristocrat
proxy.php

Mom's 1941 Parker "51" and Dad's 1943 Elgin
proxy.php

Gpop's Sheaffer Balance
proxy.php

My Great Grandfather's pocket watch
proxy.php

I came from a family with a whole passel of kids and an abiding understanding of "new to me" hand-me-down. As the oldest boy though what came to me was seldom hand-me-down clothes and more often watches and fountain pens and razors and fortunately much is still around. Here are a few such hand-me-downs:

Dad's Post War Aristocrat
proxy.php

Mom's 1941 Parker "51" and Dad's 1943 Elgin
proxy.php

Gpop's Sheaffer Balance
proxy.php

My Great Grandfather's pocket watch
proxy.php
Awesome! Beautiful heirlooms sir!

Top Bottom