What's new

Heirloom "European" Style Strops

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Decided to add something new to the line up this summer. With the trend towards minimalism I occasionally get requests for something more compact but a bit more substantial than my Companion Travel Strop. These are following the traditional European styled strops, usually being no more than 2" wide but from my full weight leather for a substantial feel and a full 17 1/2" stropping surface to be sure they are still effective.

Great option for travel use or those with more compact living arrangements or those who simply like a more minimalist approach. They may be minimalist in size but certainly not in workmanship or performance.

Available in any of my current leather options, Horween Notovan, Horween Veg Tanned and my Premium Steerhide. Steerdovan will be next in the line up. Genuine Flax Linen is also an option on these !

IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
They look great! Nothing against my 3" premium steerhide, but I would like to eventually try something smaller.

I know what you mean. While I have always favored the classic lines of a 2 1/2" strop with a handle I have a shorter version of one of these that has been a favorite of mine. It has a 14" stropping surface, veg tanned horsehide and linen and gets the job done in a very compact package. I had it out the other day and it inspired me to offer them once again in a standard length version but I can always do a more packable version a few inches shorter that can lay flat in the bottom of a travel bag.

Top Bottom