What's new

Heavy razors

Looking at getting a stainless steel timeless.

Do you guys find them very heavy?

I see most of these razors, depending on the handle you pick will be around 120g and some of the brass razors will be even more.

Are they too heavy or a nice heft?

Ive got the Timeless Ti and think the weight is great but looking to add to the den, just because...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
This one is definitely a YMMV -- or even Your Mileage May Change over time....mine certainly has. I started out by thinking heavier was better, and then most of my VERY vintage razors pre-1910's were very light and since I used them more, I found myself being put-off by the heavier handles. Now I'm not enamored at all with the SS handles I have, but like the Titanium as far as weight goes. There's definitely a sweet spot for me, and it may well have more to do with balance than anything else.

A heavy razor might give you some confidence if you've used a cartridge razor in the past a great deal, but my preference now days is for lighter weight.

Looking at getting a stainless steel timeless.

Do you guys find them very heavy?

I see most of these razors, depending on the handle you pick will be around 120g and some of the brass razors will be even more.

Are they too heavy or a nice heft?

Ive got the Timeless Ti and think the weight is great but looking to add to the den, just because...LOL

I shave regularly with a stainless Timeless. It's not too heavy. It's a nice heft! :thumbsup:

I think the Timeless Ti is a perfect weight.

I wonder why all these vendors are making such heavy razors though.

I think they should try make their handles much lighter.

Some of those handles alone are around 85 - 90g....just the handle! To me thats really too heavy.

I've gone back and forth between light and heavy razors using each for extended periods of time. I don't usually go back and forth day by day but more of a longer term thing. So light for a while and then maybe heavy for a while. What it comes down to is that after several uses of the same razor you get used to the weight. So I can't say personally whether I prefer heavy or light razors I guess it just depends. My point is that whatever you purchase you'll likely get used to and enjoy.

I feel titanium is the ideal weight material with regards to razors and handles. Less weight than stainless and brass and more so than aluminum. I like my handles big and sometimes huge, and titanium makes that possibility usable.

Generally prefer light razors but have the Timeless it is one of the few heavier razors I like and use regularly, have one of the 85 MM handles

My Timeless razors setups in both stainless and bronze hover in the 130s. Don’t really feel it at all as they are very well balanced. I just mentioned on another thread to avoid following up with a much lighter razor if you have a rotation. I mix it up a bit. My aluminum Standard Razor Razor (Wish they would change the name) is extremely light so that wouldn’t be my first choice after shaving with a Bronze for a week.

The stainless steel Timeless can be heavy depending on the handle. I use an Above The Tie Atlas handle on mine. It provides a nice balance and the short handle makes it a little more maneuverable.

My everyday driver is a heavy SS Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle. My travel razor is a very light Lord L6. Both work great! So the issue is not razor weight.

For me the issue is balance PLUS a light touch! :a14: :a14:

Top Bottom