What's new

Heavier Injector?

I'm really starting to love my Schick Injectors, but I miss the weight and substantiality of my DE razors. Did/does anyone make an injector razor with more mass than the vintage Schicks?

PAL and Personna made injector razors which are futuristic looking, have stainless heads, and might be heavier. In my experience, they don't shave as easily or well as the Schicks. The PAL Injectomatic shaves really well, but is as light as a Schick. Schick did make some all-metal razors, the Types A through D and the G2, G3, and F, but none of them could be considered heavy. If you want a heavy Injector-TYPE razor, try the Cobra Classic or King Cobra (if you can find one). However, they use the Feather Pro series blades, rather than normal injector blades.

Thanks for this info. My impression of the Cobras is that they are WAY more expensive than the razors I am using and than I want to spend on a razor. :sad:

Get a Cobra.

It uses disposable single edge straight razor blades like the Feather Pro or KIA pink which are unbelievable

You can thank me later :yesnod:

proxy.php

And then there is the Mongoose which hopefully we'll see soon. It uses the same blades as the Cobra.

It would be nice if some one did a modern version of the Schick injector, but weightier. Wonder if we'll see someone do something with a 3D printer at some point in time.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The Cobra, while efficient and nice if you get a good example, isn't an injector. It is a single edge but loads manually, not injected. The blade is significantly wider than a real injector, i.e., the Schicks, as well as the PALs and Personnas as mentioned above.

I've used a Cobra from a member passaround, it gave a good shave. I bought one that was returned due to shoddy fit and finish.

My functional issue is that the real injectors blades, being narrower than even a DE, work best for a quick shave and on/around the Adams Apple, for me. The Cobra was almost as wide as a straight in memory, maybe not quite .. and thus on my neck unwieldy

But, to the OP, there are a couple Schick models that have a little gravitas - the early Types A, B & C, and the special edition Revere handled models to be exact. The rest are lighter than I like in a DE, but their efficiency makes me show a schick smile ..

Top Bottom