What's new

Heavenly Band Lineup

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was hoping Floyd would be on the list :thumbup:
And '73... Still playing "obscured by clouds" tracks then. very underrated tunes
March 17th or the 18th?

In the words of Larry Holmes- boff.

I mostly like the older stuff, but I saw all four performances of The Wall at the barn in 1980, including 2nd, 4th, and 7th row center. Also saw all four shows of the Animals tour in 1977 at MSG, where Roger performed wearing one of my shirts. Definitely on my short list of great moments.

In the words of Larry Holmes- boff.

I mostly like the older stuff, but I saw all four performances of The Wall at the barn in 1980, including 2nd, 4th, and 7th row center. Also saw all four shows of the Animals tour in 1977 at MSG, where Roger performed wearing one of my shirts. Definitely on my short list of great moments.
Wow. You sir, have lived the music life I wish I could. If I track down those '73 shows and get them on CD I'll PM you and try to get them to you (ya know, if you wanna re-live the moment)
Regarding the '77 MSG shows? This Italian bootlegged vinyl captures the WYWH portion of one of the shows
$IMG_1756.jpg$IMG_1757.jpg
The Animals tour was great. I have a few shows, including the last ever Careful With That Axe Eugene (5/9/77; Oakland, CA) and the infamous Montreal show too (7/6/77), where Waters spits in the fans eye. They played with such ferocity. Gilmour's guitar was ON POINT that night

Also have some stuff from '75, where they played Shine On and Have a Cigar a couple months prior to the album's release, and developmental Animals tunes "raving and drooling" and "You've gotta be crazy"

Also have some of the early live stuff. Bunch of BBC recordings. One or two versions of Atom Heart Mother Suite with a full orchestra. I have one of the the first full run-throughs of Dark Side too from February '72.

Stuff with Syd has proven difficult to find so far

(is it obvious I like the Floyd? In my mind: greatest band of all time)

Last edited:
Wow. You sir, have lived the music life I wish I could. If I track down those '73 shows and get them on CD I'll PM you and try to get them to you (ya know, if you wanna re-live the moment)
Regarding the '77 MSG shows? This Italian bootlegged vinyl captures the WYWH portion of one of the shows
View attachment 623596View attachment 623597
The Animals tour was great. I have a few shows, including the last ever Careful With That Axe Eugene (5/9/77; Oakland, CA) and the infamous Montreal show too (7/6/77), where Waters spits in the fans eye. They played with such ferocity. Gilmour's guitar was ON POINT that night

Also have some stuff from '75, where they played Shine On and Have a Cigar a couple months prior to the album's release, and developmental Animals tunes "raving and drooling" and "You've gotta be crazy"

Also have some of the early live stuff. Bunch of BBC recordings. One or two versions of Atom Heart Mother Suite with a full orchestra. I have one of the the first full run-throughs of Dark Side too from February '72.

I don't know if you belong to tradersden.org, but it's a very old and very good roio site for just about everything. I've got a goodly amount of PF, but more into the Who and some other artists.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Wow. You sir, have lived the music life I wish I could.

Their best work was before 1973. Some of the primordial versions of DSOTM were amazing, and much better than the final product. Why they choose to replace this gem with the rather insipid On The Run is beyond me.

I've been meaning to start a Pink Floyd Museum thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you belong to tradersden.org, but it's a very old and very good roio site for just about everything. I've got a goodly amount of PF, but more into the Who and some other artists.
I know about it. I'm not part of it. I get my stuff from another site mostly (including Tommy live in '69 - it's incredible, except Moon's drumming is slightly more in the background than everyone else)

Their best work was before 1973. Some of the primordial versions of DSOTM were amazing, and much better than the final product. Why they choose to replace this gem with the rather insipid On The Run is beyond me.

I've been meaning to start a Pink Floyd Museum thread.

I think they had different eras: pre and post dark side. I wouldn't call one better than the other (my cutoff being the wall. The Final Cut was garbage)

Totally agree about the travel sequence. The Feb. '72 run through I have (which sold 100,000 copies at the time I've read - many people heard this version before the album was released) has the travel sequence intact. My only issue with this performance, is that Great Gig In the Sky sounds more like The Beatles' "Revolution 9" than anything else; more like a sound collage. Nothing like the track on the release. But they end the show with this lineup and my god, what a show that must have been:
One of These Days / A Saucerful of Secrets / Echoes / More Blues (they stopped doing this at a certain point. Latest I've heard it done is '77 in Montreal, but I think it was scarcely done after DSotM was released) / Set the Controls... Greatest Floyd set list I've ever come across
I'd join a PF Museum thread, no question :thumbup:

Last edited:
Far beyond me to be able to put together this band. I'll leave that to Donald Fagen and Walter Becker. Love to see their list.

Top Bottom