What's new

Heartbreak on The Doorstep

I recently ordered a 100 pack of razor blades and some new shaving cream from Amazon (as well as a birthday present for my niece that was all going to ship together). Now I’ve ordered a lot of items off amazon before (non shaving related) and have never had an issue.

Unfortunately this time I was in for a surprise. I’d been waiting, checking the delivery updates online, and then I finally saw the green check mark and “delivered” status I’d been anticipating. I go to my doorstep and see the yellow package envelope and rush it inside. However my delight soon turned to heartbreak. The package had a large tear across the top. Inside was only the gift for my niece, my shaving items no where to be found.

Also I should mention my wife had a package arrive that day as well which was sitting on the step next to my package.

Now my thought is that the package tore by accident and some items fell out. I just don’t think that someone would take the time to open one package, steal shaving supplies, and leave the other package (my wife’s) untouched. Wouldn’t it be easier to just take everything and go through it later?

Either way I’m left empty handed and fairly disappointed.

How disappointing! I hope you're filing a claim with Amazon. Don't know if it will help, but take many photos of the package, & try to recreate how it was on your doorstep when you found it.

This thief must have a nose for shaving products, must we all become paranoid some one will swoop in and snatch our precious shaving items!!!!! The HUMANITY! I’m gonna change my delivery preferences to, don’t deliver to my front porch in the future......

In all seriousness, I hope you get your items. Good luck!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

File a claim and you should be fine. I've had a damaged package from Amazon and had no issues getting my stuff, although mine was marked damaged by the post office, but have returned other things to Amazon and it's always been easy enough.

Amazon has good customer service. Recently, two packages were delivered and left on our doorstep. I got notification of delivery and in about 20 minutes checked on the package. The package was not at the front doorstep. My next door neighbor called me when he came home from work and told me that packages were left at his doorstep but were opened. Both boxes were opened. A cookbook my wife ordered was in the opened box. Two RTIC tumblers I ordered were missing. The invoice was there but no tumblers. I contacted Amazon and they sent out new tumblers.

Seems like package theft is becoming one of the top "job" choices in this country.

I have had everything sent to post office boxes for decades. If a merchant only ships ups or FedEx, I still have them send to the post office box and ups/fedex will call or email me to pick up the package.

Sad people have to resort to such measures to receive what they have bought.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Seems like package theft is becoming one of the top "job" choices in this country.

Its becoming prevalent here too. I saw home surveillance footage twice on the local news last week of two different people stealing packages from porches.

There was even a video going around a while back of footage someone took of a truck following the delivery guy and coming along behind him stealing every package he delivered.

Update: I filed a claim with Amazon and they have refunded me completely for the missing items.

I appreciate all the advice and support.

On the bright side perhaps even if by the fruits of theft and greed, out there somewhere might be a new traditional wet shaving convert. :ninja:

In my country they don't leave packages on the doorsteps. If no one is home to receive it, a note will be left on your doorstep telling you to collect it from the post office with your identification.

Update: I filed a claim with Amazon and they have refunded me completely for the missing items.

I appreciate all the advice and support.

On the bright side perhaps even if by the fruits of theft and greed, out there somewhere might be a new traditional wet shaving convert. :ninja:

Hopefully he doesn't find out about pass arounds :(

Glad Amazon stood behind it! :)

In my country they don't leave packages on the doorsteps. If no one is home to receive it, a note will be left on your doorstep telling you to collect it from the post office with your identification.

Amazon does a lot of their own deliveries, and it depends on what the shipper requests whether the PO will leave it, or a note.

Have any of you given amazon special delivery instructions before? Such as place/hide the package behind the bush to the right of the porch etc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The thief should be shot on sight. One of the risks of that profession..... Forgive me for thinking out loud...

This is the same for me as well. I live in Japan, and no matter the shipping vendor, they will never leave it by default. Ironically, this is probably one of the safest countries for leaving it. If I can't be home to receive it, and the contents are not that valuable, I always ask them to leave it on my doorstep, and they usually do.

Guess I'm overly cautious. Before shipping a pass around box to the next recipient, I ask them whether I should have a signature required. I figured they knew their neighborhood.

Top Bottom