What's new

Heads Up - Carwin's Shave Shop

For all my fellow Oklahomans, and Texans and Kansans for that matter...

I wanted to give you guys an update on Carwin's Shave Shop, a sweet little brick & Mortar in Oklahoma City. It's in NorthPark Mall on North May Ave.

I wandered in today, just wanting a look to see what was in stock and if anything major had changed. Inside, a gentleman was discussing stock with a young lady. This was one of the owners, Jim, and the young lady was a rep from Edwin Jagger.
This is what we call fortunate timing.

Jim was instantly interested in anything he might be able to do, stopping his business with the Jagger rep to ask as soon as I stepped in. I was okay, just browsing, maybe a few questions later.
Well, he tried to wrap up his transactions with the rep, but both were very enthused to hear-
what I wanted... what I liked... what I thought they should carry.

The next thing I know, Jim is telling me he's trying to get to know the needs of the wetshaving community. He's signed up here, at B&B. He writes down every name I throw at him; Tabac, Proraso, Real Musgo, The Three T's, D.R. Harris, Pre De Provance, Provance sante, Institute Karite, Feather, Astra, Crystal, Derby, Simpson, Vulfix... we went on and on.
He leads me to the company computer and I give him a guided tour of the forums here, the search feature, the FAQ.
I wasn't sure how long he could hang around before he could mention his business here in the Shopping section, but I promised him an honest writeup. Funny, he seemed enthused about just getting to know more about us and wetshaving.
Jim is so thankful he hands me Edwin Jagger shaving cream samples (including Sea Buckthorn...Wow, nice!).

I have never met a merchant in a physical location so investing in finding out what we want, what we use and why we use it. Best of all, this guy is one of us, a Merkur man who practices with a Dovo Shavette. He's hooked, hardcore and makes you feel really welcome.

If you find yourself in Oklahoma City, stop into Carwin's Shave Shop and if ya see the forum name carwinsshaveshop around here, say hi to the guy.

Thanks, I'll make it a point to stop by. You know there is enough of us in OKC to have a sit down at some local watering hole. Might even ask the folks in Tulsa.

could this be B&B's first member owned Brick and Mortar shop.....? how about a web site soon for us outer staters to order.........!? :biggrin:

Tell him to open shop in Dallas, I want a shop down here that isnt in the expensive malls that are out of the way for me :mad:

Every once in awhile my parents take a trip up to Sallisaw to visit my grandmother's grave. I may have to make the trip sometime with them and stop by!

could this be B&B's first member owned Brick and Mortar shop.....? how about a web site soon for us outer staters to order.........!? :biggrin:

Wow, that hasn't crossed my mind until now. He may very well be the first physical store owner here. Very cool.
I do know he intends to launch a website in the near future, but I don't have any details on that.

Hey, Jim! Say hi to your fellow wetshavers!

Sorry its been too long since I found out about this site and have spent some time reading through the site I sure did not want to cross any bounderies as far as being on as a brick and mortor. I want to thank Splatterdash for all his input and for everyone else out there as well. I have to admit I have been a bit blog phobic. I so have enjoyed getting into wet shaving and getting to know guys in the community. I have been trying the seabuckhorn myself and really do like it. The smell and the lather is great. If anyone has suggestions please let me know Thanks Jim

Welcome to B&B, Jim.

The best advice I can give on products is to look through the Reviews section. Once there, pick a category. On the next page, click on the menu titled "Category Tools" and choose "Member rating." That will order the items of any given category so that the highest rated items come up first. Reading through those reviews. You'll get an idea of what most people like.

Top Bottom