What's new

Heading to Detroit

There's ZMC Pharmacy on Main St in Royal Oak. By the prescription counter they have shaving supplies. I bough Proaraso beard balm, sandalwood shave cream & aftshv there. There's Plum Market in Bloomfield, they have a nice selection of shaving supplies Truefitt and Hill. There's Churchills Tobacco in Birmingham-used to be a smoke shop with an nice array of tonsorials, it is an eatery too. The usual dept stores such as Lord and Taylor and Norsdstroms carry the Art of Shaving. The Art of Shaving in SOmerset Mall-Troy. Good luck-Bladerunner

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Agree with the Captain - Maggard's is the ultimate in brick and mortar as well as etail. There's some shaving stuff in the tobacco shop in Nickle's Arcade in Ann Arbor on the way to/from Adrian.

Maggard's is located in Adrian, MI - 90 minutes one way from Detroit - and totally worth the trip. Open and sniff every soap and aftershave imaginable. Pick up any razor to check balance and heft. Run your fingers through boar, badger, horse and synth knots, etc. I feel like a kid in a candy store or a cat with a ball of yarn every time I'm there. You'll be thanking the cap'n, gary and me all the way home. Enjoy!

It sounds like I have a lot of good options. Thank you guys. I will be in Livonia officially, so its just over an hour to Adrian. I will have to check them out on a day off.

WARNING!! Act like you are in Vegas. Leave behind your credit cards and only walk in the door with the amount of cash you are willing to "lose."

Will power is but a rumor once you cross the threshold of Maggards. Fathers have been known to leave behind first born children in payment just so they can buy more stuff. Rolexes have been hastily sold with the owner beating a return with yet more cash. There is a trailer rental business that has sprung up next door so you can bring even more back home. Gold mine? No, more like Platinum.

The bonus is that Brad and Cassie are great folks who started from scratch and are simply hard workers.

Well I lost one of my brushed and my brush stand. So I need to go find something new. And I didn't love my stand, so who knows what I may come home with.

Got myself out to Maggard's today. Felt some brushes, smelled some soaps. Bought an alum block and a pack of Rockwell blades. I just cannot believe how large that place is. It was cool to see the various employees jumping up from their desk to grab orders off of the shelf. I was very impressed with the whole operation.

Top Bottom