What's new

Headed to The 'Burg - Coffee @ Strip/Downtown area?

Headed to The 'Burg for the Mighty Steelers Game and will be there all weekend. Would like to hit up a few coffee houses in the Strip/Downtown area(staying very close to Heinz) and check out the good coffee joints in the Steel City.

Suggestions??

Here We Go Steelers......Here We Go!!

Headed to The 'Burg for the Mighty Steelers Game and will be there all weekend. Would like to hit up a few coffee houses in the Strip/Downtown area(staying very close to Heinz) and check out the good coffee joints in the Steel City.

Suggestions??

Here We Go Steelers......Here We Go!!
No coffee suggestions other than the usual chains, but is this your first time in the 'Burgh?

No coffee suggestions other than the usual chains, but is this your first time in the 'Burgh?

I've actually been to Pittsburgh on several occasions. Likely at least 12-15 times as a very avid Steelers fan. I've done a lot of the local spots- by local I mean walking distance from the Strip/Downtown/ Southside. Primanti(ALWAYS at least 1-(don't tell SWMBO)) Quaker Steak/Lube, DeLucas, Fat Heads, and a few others. There's a few new places in SouthSide to eat that I've not tried yet. I'll be in all day Sat/Sun and leave late afternoon on Mon, so I've got time to venture out a bit. Although, Sunday will be spent @ the game and then any number of pubs to watch the remaing games and drink as much beer as possible.

Purusing UrbanSpoon and came across http://www.peaceloveandlittledonuts.com/ and it looks interesting. The draw may not be for coffee but to stuff my face with little donuts. Then drink whatever sludge they have to douse them down.

Hooking up with another avid Steelers fan to eat, drink, and enjoy the sport of Men. Go Steelers!!!

Last edited:
I've actually been to Pittsburgh on several occasions. Likely at least 12-15 times as a very avid Steelers fan. I've done a lot of the local spots- by local I mean walking distance from the Strip/Downtown/ Southside. Primanti(ALWAYS at least 1-(don't tell SWMBO)) Quaker Steak/Lube, DeLucas, Fat Heads, and a few others. There's a few new places in SouthSide to eat that I've not tried yet. I'll be in all day Sat/Sun and leave late afternoon on Mon, so I've got time to venture out a bit. Although, Sunday will be spent @ the game and then any number of pubs to watch the remaing games and drink as much beer as possible.

Purusing UrbanSpoon and came across http://www.peaceloveandlittledonuts.com/ and it looks interesting. The draw may not be for coffee but to stuff my face with little donuts. Then drink whatever sludge they have to douse them down.

Hooking up with another avid Steelers fan to eat, drink, and enjoy the sport of Men. Go Steeles!!

Nice! Until you wrote this I never recognized that your avatar is Jack Lambert.

Cannot speak to the Strip or downtown, so I suggest Southside. Beehive is on East Carson St near all the popular taverns, and Big Dog's is down by Southside Works, between 26th & 27th Streets, on whatever street runs parallel to East Carson. You can see it from East Carson, so it's easy to find. You can't go wrong with either one. Enjoy your time in town, and Go Stillers!

I did manage to try Beehive and La Prima Coffee while in Pittsburgh. My palate was a bit off after dousing down several pints of IC Light(Should be in Speakeasy forum :) ) but I had a great Cappuccino @ La Prima- very smooth shot of espresso. And had a coffee of the day @ Beehive- it was really good, I just didn't catch what it was. I had one Primanti Bros and a great breakfast @ Deluca's today before catching my flight out. In the middle- had a killer sandwich from FatHeads- lots of meat, pepperoni, meat, cheese, and more meat- maybe a couple veggies mixed in. But I didn't go anywhere new to eat. Stuck with what I know. Loaded up with a few bagfulls of Steelers Swag from the Strip and left today. Had a great weekend- except for such a poor showing by the Steelers. Still a fun trip.

Glad you had a nice trip, sucks about the game. I'm glad I went to Kennywood instead of watching that game.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Hopefully the Pirates can hold out till Hockey starts. I have a feeling this is going to be a long NFL season.

Top Bottom