What's new

Head shine?

For full disclosure, I'm not a headshaver. But I have heard that talcum or cornstarch power does a great job of cutting down on the sheen. Clubman Pinuad makes a scented talcum powder (assuming you like the Clubman classic scent) and also offers a lightly tinted version (sold as shave talc).

20210310_232248.jpg

Another thing to consider is Hendrix Classics "Dome Food". From what I've heard, it won't eliminate the sheen/shine as well as a powder, but it still does a pretty good job. It's also very good for the skin. A headshaver friend of mine says it's the best thing he's ever used on the dome, post-shave.

1615905740227.png

You can get moisturizing lotions with a sunscreen that have a matte finish.

View attachment 1216454
I’ve been using the CeraVe AM moisturizer with sunscreen and I’m not happy about how it goes on. It pills every time I apply it and I’ve tried every combination of prep I can think of. I’ve put it on top of just bare skin, on top of skin with water on it, over Hyaluronic Acid and nothing works. Does the pictured product go on smooth, or is it just the nature of sunscreen to pill?

I’ve been using the CeraVe AM moisturizer with sunscreen and I’m not happy about how it goes on. It pills every time I apply it and I’ve tried every combination of prep I can think of. I’ve put it on top of just bare skin, on top of skin with water on it, over Hyaluronic Acid and nothing works. Does the pictured product go on smooth, or is it just the nature of sunscreen to pill?
I have seen some complaints about the AM version, but the Light version is better about that, I think. I would apply it to clean, dry skin if possible. I think mixing with other products might lead to the pilling problem. Try to apply just a small amount, and rub it in very well.

Top Bottom