What's new

Head shaving...

I have a really short hair style and am thinking of shaving my head - in addition to my daily DE shave on my face. My question is does anyone use an electric shaver for their head and a DE razor for the face. I love using A DE razor. - but really don't want to do it on my head and I have a wonderful Panasonic shaver. Does anyone do this? I tried it a little bit and I liked it. Very quick and easy on the head and no chance of cutting one's self.

My oldest son shaves his face and head with a DE, I'd say give it a try you might be surprised how well it goes. He started it several years ago and he's always blood free.

Though if you already have the electric shaver and it works for your routine then I'd go with it. No reason to change it up if it works for you.

FWIW, I've never shaved my head.

The first time I shaved my head I used an electric to get to the stubble then a cartridge razor to shave clean. I now just use the same DE I use on my face to shave my head (pretty much daily). No issues, generally no nicks or weepers. The only difficult spot is the fold at the base of my head

The first time I shaved my head I used an electric to get to the stubble then a cartridge razor to shave clean. I now just use the same DE I use on my face to shave my head (pretty much daily). No issues, generally no nicks or weepers. The only difficult spot is the fold at the base of my head
My situation is i have this wonderful Panasonic ARC5 shaver, that shaves almost as close to a DE razor and I feel I should use it..So I wanted to justify owning it as I no longer use for my face as I love DE shaving better. I was just curious if anyone else did it . not so much because of cuts or nick reductions. It's very fast to use on the head.

I’ve done both DE head shaving and with clippers. And nothing beats the closeness of DE headshaving. I like the feeling of no stubble at all. Id rather spend the time on a slow and close DE headshave than a fast near stubble-less one with clippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done both DE head shaving and with clippers. And nothing beats the closeness of DE headshaving. I like the feeling of no stubble at all. Id rather spend the time on a slow and close DE headshave than a fast near stubble-less one with clippers.

Agree with you about shears being inadequate BUT I have a Panasonic ARC5 shaver - the best-rated shaver there is and gives 98% as close as a razor. I like how it feels. No shears are not close at all...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My situation is i have this wonderful Panasonic ARC5 shaver, that shaves almost as close to a DE razor and I feel I should use it..So I wanted to justify owning it as I no longer use for my face as I love DE shaving better. I was just curious if anyone else did it . not so much because of cuts or nick reductions. It's very fast to use on the head.

I have one too and just as you, it doesn't get used much. It is a great razor. I'd say try it on your head and if you like the result, the Arc5 has a new role for you. If not, put it into your rotation every so often.

I have one too and just as you, it doesn't get used much. It is a great razor. I'd say try it on your head and if you like the result, the Arc5 has a new role for you. If not, put it into your rotation every so often.
perfect . agreed

Agree with you about shears being inadequate BUT I have a Panasonic ARC5 shaver - the best-rated shaver there is and gives 98% as close as a razor. I like how it feels. No shears are not close at all...

I always think one should do whats best for them. Sounds like you found what works best. I say stick with it! [emoji1474]

If it works for you then nothing wrong with sticking with it. I shave my head every 2-3 days. Hair is coarse and thick in the back. Electrics always felt like they were pulling hair out vs cutting it for me and not close enough. DE is a little slower but the feel is fantastic! YMMV.

I use my Braun Series-7 when I shave my head. Always gives a smooth shave.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I've been shaving my head for over a decade. I use a DE safety for my face, and used to wet shave my head, but now use a Pitbull Gold for the first shave and then clean up with my Panasonic ARC. I get a shave that is just as close as a blade.

I tried a Panasonic both wet and dry, shave was poor, spoty and horrible irritation (scalp pain). Best way to shave your head i think is any cartridge 2 blades or more....what ever you like. I use 2 and 3...close quick shave. I do use DE and SE often, but must admit it takes longer and the results are never better...not even w R41, Futur, Fatip....

Best way to shave your head i think is any cartridge 2 blades or more....what ever you like. I use 2 and 3...close quick shave.

Which twin blade cart would you recommend? I shave my head daily and I'm currently using a Dorco Pace 4. They are hard to come by now and I definitely can't get them at the price in bulk that I did straight from Dorco. So I am looking for my next daily head shaver, something that won't break the bank and that I can get at least 7 daily shaves from.

Thanks,

Brian

You might want to look into OmniShaver, very cost-effective. Not for me, but it does give an efficient very quick dome shave. At my age I enjoy using my Blackland Vector which delivers a regular BBS dome shave for me. YMMV

Hi,
Which twin blade cart would you recommend? I shave my head daily and I'm currently using a Dorco Pace 4. They are hard to come by now and I definitely can't get them at the price in bulk that I did straight from Dorco. So I am looking for my next daily head shaver, something that won't break the bank and that I can get at least 7 daily shaves from.

Thanks,

Brian
For me the best razors are Gillette SkinGuar and Mach3 but they are $$$ (you can get probably 20+uses if rinsed and blow drying). But if cost is an issue, Bic Flex Twin are OK'ish a bit harsh for me ($1 for handle +3 carts at the 99Cent store); using an Atra handle (and I guess the Dorco twin handle too) you could try Personna or Taconic carts...these are cheap on A....n.They are a bit rough for me , too.
Dollar General has a two blade razor $5 has 12 carts.

I have thought about the Atra, Trac II clones and I have looked at the ones from dollar general and Bic as well. I guess I’ll just have to do some testing.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Top Bottom