What's new

Head shaving with a DE

Anyone try it or do it? I am currently into straights but also very new to them. Just looking to see if there is a razor that will do a good close shave with a blade that will last longer than 2 shaves.

Just hoping someone can chime in with an opinion on this or if you do it what do you think about it compared to cartridge. How fast/slow is compared to cartridge also.

Thanks Larry

I've tried the DE on my head. It does a good job. However, since I shave my head in the shower, I find the ease and safety of a cartridge (I use a Mach III) to be far superior. Also, unlike my face, I don't really suffer from ingrown hairs on my head and I'm not as picky about the closeness of the shave on my head.

A DE will do a good job if you're willing to take the time and want a really close shave.

I'm with Roger. The M3 has always given me close, irritation-free shaves on my head. I've tried a DE on a few occasions and while the shave is closer, it is also pretty easy to skin yourself up a little.

I use my Merkur HD on my face and head and get 7 days out of a feather blade, face and head, get the best shaves on my head with 2 pass's.

I use the Headblade S4 with a Sensor cartridge and a DE on my face and around the ears. I've used the DE on my head but find the Headblade easier.

I forgot where I placed this thread :( I have been using a Schick Quatro for a month now and it does a pretty good job but a blade usually lasts me 2 shaves of face and head.

Where is a good place to get these Merkur HDs and Feather Blades?

pitbulls20 said:
I forgot where I placed this thread :( I have been using a Schick Quatro for a month now and it does a pretty good job but a blade usually lasts me 2 shaves of face and head.

I got them from Classic Shaving classicshaving.com I think.

pitbulls20 said:

If you check in the shopping forum you will find a link to Cotton Blossom Crafts that presently has 100 Feathers on sale for $24+. I do not believe it gets any less expensive for Feathers than that.

Top Bottom