What's new

Head Shavers

Hey fellow head shavers! Just curious as to what razors you all use for the dome... right now I use a Timeless .95 Ti OC and Merkur 34C. I've actually really been enjoying the 34C over the past month or two. The .95 seems to be a bit much for the back of my head no matter how gentle I am. I use Astra SP blades in both... Thinking of trying .68 Scalloped and .95 in SB.

Muhle R89 for now, but I have Gamechanger 0.84P waiting for christmas. Muhle is pretty ok, but I wanted something little bit more effective, yet still smooth and stainless steel.

Muhle R89 for now, but I have Gamechanger 0.84P waiting for christmas. Muhle is pretty ok, but I wanted something little bit more effective, yet still smooth and stainless steel.
I was using the Rockwell 6s #4 plate and really enjoyed it, found the #5 plate too much blade blade feel and slightly aggressive. The Mamba 70 felt like #5 plate super smooth and on steroids. I love the Mamba which is the eighth razor I purchased and definitely cooled me down looking at any other razors for now. I can concentrate more on soaps. The Gamechanger is so close to the Mamba I doubt most people would notice any difference. I’m sure you will be blown away with the performance. The tight tolerances on machined stainless steel and the blade feedback is something I especially enjoy.

They are luxury class razors at a very affordable price.

Would the mamba be considered a "milder" razor? I'm really leaning towards less aggressive dome shaves. Just seems to work better for me. Hence the change to the 34C recently.

Would the mamba be considered a "milder" razor? I'm really leaning towards less aggressive dome shaves. Just seems to work better for me. Hence the change to the 34C recently.
I do a full face and head shave every three days. I was using the Rockwell 6s #4 plate 0.61 and #5 plate 0.69 The #4 plate is smooth and comfortable the #5 plate felt more aggressive with too much blade feel. The Mamba 70 feels way smoother and more comfortable then the Rockwell #4 plate and shaves significantly closer then the #5 plate. The blade feedback on the Mamba is exceptional compared to the Rockwell plates. I’ve used the Voshkod on all plates and the Mamba. I do two face and head shaves with the blade and then dump it, a third shave is acceptable on the blade but it starts to have a slight blade pull. At twelve cents a blade, **** the expense. I don’t believe there’s a loser in the CNC stainless offerings from the ItalianBarber. The Gamechanger 0.68 is considered a mild razor well the 0.84 is considered more aggressive. The original Mamba has 0.54 definitely mild. I’m totally satisfied with the Mamba 70 right now. If I did get the razor urge again I would be looking at the 0.84 and maybe even the Wunderbar. I like mild razors and the Mamba 70 feels milder in ever respect compared to the Rockwell #3&4 plates.

Any of my vintage DE or SE razors. I use one razor for my face and head.
Gillette New and Old types, Superspeeds, Aristocrats, techs, etc.
GEM Damaskeene, MMTOC, Jr. Cog-Pruf etc.

I’ve got several that I’ve rotated for months on end, and recommend all of these...Schick Injector L or M type. Occam’s razor did me very well for a long time. Pivoting head razors like my OneBlade Hybrid as well as Focus Dynamic R48 (Gillette Platinum) and a good backup cartridge to keep around hands down Defender. Just got a Rockwell 6c today that I’m anxious to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use all sorts of razors for the head. Gillette vintage adjustable, G TT0 England, OC Gillette, Schone, Fatip, and now enjoying Muhle R41 and RR Jaws and .84OC. And yes, sometimes a cartridge 2 blades or gillette single from india. You can use anything, just go slow and don't use pressure. .... took me a year to jump into the big guns. Btw tried the Leaf this week, not a pleasant experience you have to put too much pressure...more than a cart. Ohh and Schick injectors. But if I could only use one: Karve OC "C"

I use all sorts of razors for the head. Gillette vintage adjustable, G TT0 England, OC Gillette, Schone, Fatip, and now enjoying Muhle R41 and RR Jaws and .84OC. And yes, sometimes a cartridge 2 blades or gillette single from india. You can use anything, just go slow and don't use pressure. .... took me a year to jump into the big guns. Btw tried the Leaf this week, not a pleasant experience you have to put too much pressure...more than a cart.

Funny, I also was seriously disappointed with the Leaf. I wanted to love it, but it just took too much effort. Tried various blade configurations & it just wasn’t happening. Imo the Defender carts give the experience you’d expect from the Leaf at a MUCH lower price point. I sent it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom