What's new

Head shavers! Different products on head vs. face?

I use fancy clippers on my head during the summer months and I still miss spots after 10 minutes. I applaud you gents who can shave your noggins so quickly! That is some serious skill.

I use fancy clippers on my head during the summer months and I still miss spots after 10 minutes. I applaud you gents who can shave your noggins so quickly! That is some serious skill.
Give it a try. The lather shows you clearly where you have to go and on the back of your head it’s a combination of consistent strokes to cover the whole area and feeling with your hand for missed spots.

I do WTG/ATG for closest results and WTG/WTG to be quick. Visually no difference you can only feel it yourself.

I only use a different razor for head and face, bust same soap and brush. After tons of trial and error over many years of shaving my head (over 25 years) I landed on the Defender razor for my head, and my favorite razor for face is the Karve CB. I shave my head in the shower, then shave my face at the sink. All in (including showera), it takes me about 15 minutes total, and I shave daily.

On my head, I first use clippers (Wahl Balding Clipper), then cartridges (first, OmniShaver, then finish up with Headblade Moto). I only do this once a month or so. On my face (every two to three days), I use one of my growing collection of DE or SE razors.

Both times that I tried using non-cartridges on my head, I ended up really chopping myself up. So sadly, I still stick with cartridges for my head.
After shaving my head with the Headblade and other cart systems I had to relearn shaving my head with a DE. I cut myself regularly and was about to give up on DE shaving but I stuck with it. Adjusted my approach to just shave WTG and as I gained confidence I started shaving with multiple passes including against the grain. I shave daily so I get lots of practice. In the cart days I would start with the HB and then use a Mach III for touchups. Now I use just one razor: Henson AL13. It's an engineering marvel!

IMG_1598.jpg

Top Bottom