What's new

Head shavers! Different products on head vs. face?

Just wondering if you use different products for your head than your face?

I prefer using shaving creams on my head compared to soaps on my face. I still use a cartridge for head shaving because it's just much quicker and I get better slickness using a shaving cream rubbed in with my hands than using a soap and a brush. I also shave my head at a different time of the day than my normal face shaving routine (if time permits). I used to lather both face and head with a brush/soap at the same time but one or the other started to dry out before I got to it.

I sporadically use a pre-shave oil on my face but if I'm feeling nostalgic and want to use Barbasol or Foamy on my head, I always rub some olive oil/castor oil mix on beforehand. I don't get a lot of slickness out of the canned foams no matter how much water I try to mix in.

How about it? Different razors? Different brushes? Different ASB? Or is it all the same for you?

I use a stable of DE on my head - one a day. If in a hurry or stressed I use Leaf. Mostly shave soap. Mostly witch hazel and/or a/s. Been shaving the head for over ten years. I get better results with DE - closer and smoother. Have not shaved the face in almost two years. I have some pre-shave oil - rarely use it.

It takes me 20 minutes to shave face and head. The majority of the time is lathering. I prefer soaps overall and use the same products for face and head.

I use the same software for both but the Leaf razor for my head and either a DE or SE for my face.

From start to finish, about 30 minutes tops- 3 face passes, 2 head passes.

marty

I use the same software on my head as my face. I use either a Trac II or an injector on my head, which I get away with shaving twice a week. I do my face first, then my head, which gets three passes. If I need to take my granddaughter to school on Wednesday morning I wait until I return to shave my head.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Drop the boar into a cup of water to soak. Put a little water on the soap puck.

"Attend to other matters."

Shake out the boar, load it.

Move to the bowl, build lather.

Lather, shave, repeat as necessary.

Rinse off, clean the gear, put things away.

Start to finish usually 30 minutes with a good razor/blade combo.

O.H.

I use all the exact same stuff on my head and face. I actually find head shaving much easier than the face. So much so that my first time ever using my Feather Kamisori style shavette was on my head. Tonight's head shave was so efficient I might say this is the smoothest my head has ever been using a DE razor. I love this scent as it hits all my favorite notes, smokey, sweet, and very Fall forward. Fall is my favorite scent by far.

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower & PAA Cube
Razor: PAA Copper Ascension
Blade: Astro Platinum
Soap: PAA CiderHouse 5
Aftershave: PAA CiderHouse 5 Splash

Attachments

• tempImagei6lvBy.png
    tempImagei6lvBy.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 7
I buzz my hair with good clippers every summer. It takes me at least 20 minutes and I still miss spots. I’m intrigued to try a head shave just for the fun of more surface area to shave. I suspect my first time would not go quickly.

Sometime I’ll jump in, likely with the Overlander.

Same products on head and face.
I’m a daily headshaver and I’m done in less than ten minutes.Three passes almost always equal BBS with no drama. I use a fresh blade daily. My Henson razor is just ridiculously good
A971EEEC-51ED-4881-A543-CE4FE1798FE5.jpeg

The only thing different for me is the razor. I only use DE for my face and use a Vector for my head shaves. Soaps, creams, brushes, aftershave are whatever I happen to grab.

One difference for me is that I don't use alcohol based aftershaves on my scalp. I read that this can result in an increase in oil secretion by the skin. That seems to be the case for me, so I think there is something to it.

I mostly settled on the RR Eco and creams for my head. Sometimes whilst traveling it’s a Tech or FOCS but at home it’s the Eco. 2 passes every 48 hours take about 10-12 minutes when I’m not rushed. Post is always a splash.

615A7FBF-297D-48EF-A064-FAC0BB347EF8.jpeg

CA2A7EB4-4812-4851-8C5A-F6C0E589AEF8.jpeg

49C2355A-75E4-491E-91D5-7E8FF2D5E5E9.jpeg

Top Bottom