What's new

Head Shaver Care Routine

I find that my scalp gets very dry after shaving especially in the winter. Dry, cold winters here in Utah. So my question is, what do you use to care for your scalp head shavers?

Homebrew mix of aloe, glycerin and oils works for me. Might want to experiment more with soaps, good ones should make scalp better not worse. You could also forget soaps entirely and try a shave oil.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Homebrew mix of aloe, glycerin and oils works for me. Might want to experiment more with soaps, good ones should make scalp better not worse. You could also forget soaps entirely and try a shave oil.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For soaps do you mean for washing or shaving? Any recommendations?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I will often use a but of Lucky Tiger on my scalp post shave. It keeps my dome from getting dry.

Here's what works for me
-A few (maybe 3-4) drops of beard oil or preshave oil rubbed in well before shaving.
-Aftershaves with no menthol. Menthol seems to dry my skin out a bit. You might try alcohol free or just witch hazel as wll.
-Aftershave Balm morning and evening. I find it works better for me than lotions or moisturizers, though if I'm going to be outside a lot, I'll use Olay SPF Moisturizer instead.

When I shaved my head, I would always finish with St. Ives apricot scrub. I good rub down in the shower too care of sweepers and potential ingrown hairs.

I have not had that issue during winter months of head shaving.
More of an issue with my hands.

I would say use what ever moisturizing hand cream that you like.

I use Nivea Creme or unrefined shea butter after I apply my aftershave. The shea butter goes on a little greasy but skin feels great after it absorbs, it’s very affordable too.

I use Proraso blue aftershave balm. Can be a little greasy if the weather’s warm, but for the winter it’ll do the job. Cheap and cheerful, and you only need a little each time.
8C390F07-A3B0-446C-A58F-3D3C8CE3DB4F.jpeg

Just saw this thread. First, I always use Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by an ASB. Currently, I am alternating between DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk and Neutrogena Triple Protect.

Top Bottom