What's new

HEAD SHAVE

Hey Guys, new here and I'm looking for some advice for my head shaving routine. I joined the club and shaved it off a few months ago so its been a learning process for sure. Basically I'm just trying to get some advice/tips if I'm doing this correctly.

Current routine:

Exfoliate
Hot water
Jojoba Oil as preshave
Taylor of Old Bond Street or Trumpers Sandlewood shaving cream
Shave with the grain first and then shave against the grain with a Gillette ProGlide Razor
Cold water rinse

Post Shave:

Witch Hazel
Jojoba Oil (This keeps my head moisturized all day)
Splash of Floid Vigoroso Special Edition or Floid Black aftershave

Does this sound like a solid head shave routine.. Do I need to use a post shave balm or moisturizer or is the Jojoba oil fine? Is it safe to use an aftershave splash on your head or should I avoid that and just stick to a balm or moisturizer?

Also I actually love the sting of aftershave on my head and Floid is definitely my favorite. Between that and the Jojoba oil I have zero issues with a dry scalp.

Thanks for the help!

Whatever works for you is a good routine. Everyone is a bit different. I say keep it simple. If you don't need a moisturizer or balm, and the oil works for you, then stick with it. If you want to experiment, there's nothing wrong with that. That's kind of what we're all about on this forum.

Welcome to the club.

Welcome to B&B. As Garrett said above, do whatever works best for you. My routine is that I shave my head the same way I shave my face.

I wash my head with Neutrogena Facial soap. I then wet my head, lather up and shave. When I am finished I use a washcloth with cool water to remove any lather, apply WH, and usually a balm containing SPF sunscreen.

Hi Campbell, welcome to B & B! I’ve shaved my head for over thirty years, originally with cartridges in the shower, before I started with a DE. Yet it was only when I started using a DE that I realised that I’ve always shaved my head against the grain, never with it, followed by XTG. And always got great shaves. And I’ve continued this to this day.

I shave face and head each time, after a shower and exfoliate, in cold water. And I always use a balm, then aftershave, a splash or a lotion, followed a while later by edt or cologne.

Your routine sounds fine, and if it’s working for you, then keep it up!

Mind you, one of the rooms you’ll find down this rabbit hole is marked ‘experimental area’. And it’s a very big room...🙄🙄🙄

Whatever works for you is a good routine. Everyone is a bit different. I say keep it simple. If you don't need a moisturizer or balm, and the oil works for you, then stick with it. If you want to experiment, there's nothing wrong with that. That's kind of what we're all about on this forum.

Welcome to the club.

+1! This is the key!! You need to find your routine.

Top Bottom