What's new

Head shave: best DE and/or blade?

For head shaving a mild open comb is ideal. A mild razor will be much easier to use and the open comb won't clog on longer growth.

The Merkur open-comb head design is just about perfect for head-shaving (all their open comb models use the same head).

PS: I use mine with Nacets. A sharp blade in a mild razor is a good combination.
Nacets for me as well. Sometimes Gillette yellows.

I been using a RazoRock Stealth Slant (aluminum) and Voskhod blade to comfortably shave my head every two days achieving BBS with minimal issues

The Voskhod is a milder blade but the Slant is aggressive so it evens itself out

I been using a RazoRock Stealth Slant (aluminum) and Voskhod blade to comfortably shave my head every two days achieving BBS with minimal issues

The Voskhod is a milder blade but the Slant is aggressive so it evens itself out
Read about the combo aggressive razor with milder blade often. Could you explain why this combo works so good?

I shave my head with a Chinese copy generic of the DOC Razorock head.
Yaqi also sells this head under the name Mellon.

Since 3 weeks that I shave my head with this head, I have no more irritations, no redness,
it is clean in two passes.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 13-56-27 9 35€ Yaqi – tête de rasoir de sécurité en Chrome Mellon, po...jpg

I shave my head with a Chinese copy generic of the DOC Razorock head.
Yaqi also sells this head under the name Mellon.

Since 3 weeks that I shave my head with this head, I have no more irritations, no redness,
it is clean in two passes.

View attachment 1362088
I have it too. This head is part of a serie, together with the DLC. With two of the parts of the heads you can create the Yaqi Monster. I use the DLC for headshaves, but will try the Mellon 👌

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I don't have any "normal" DE razors, but I have a pile of slants; and that's what I use for head shaving. I've got some vintage and modern Gem stuff (including the Blackland Sabre) and some shavettes of a couple of varieties but I keep coming back to slants.

In that regard, I really like the ATT S2 as a head shaver. The only thing that comes close -- and in fact goes just a bit farther and is my favourite razor -- is the Merkur Super Slant. Lots of other slants do pretty well. If you're in the mood to do some reading search for the Tilted Picnic and you'll see some reviews posted in those threads over the last couple of years.

ATT's X1 is an AC SE razor, a lovely shaver and milder than the SE1 or SE2. My other current AC fave for head shaving is the RazoRock Hawk V3SB.

The other SE format I use is Gem, where I find that the Sabre is the smoothest of the format.

O.H.

I don't have any "normal" DE razors, but I have a pile of slants; and that's what I use for head shaving. I've got some vintage and modern Gem stuff (including the Blackland Sabre) and some shavettes of a couple of varieties but I keep coming back to slants.

In that regard, I really like the ATT S2 as a head shaver. The only thing that comes close -- and in fact goes just a bit farther and is my favourite razor -- is the Merkur Super Slant. Lots of other slants do pretty well. If you're in the mood to do some reading search for the Tilted Picnic and you'll see some reviews posted in those threads over the last couple of years.

ATT's X1 is an AC SE razor, a lovely shaver and milder than the SE1 or SE2. My other current AC fave for head shaving is the RazoRock Hawk V3SB.

The other SE format I use is Gem, where I find that the Sabre is the smoothest of the format.

O.H.
Thank you, this triggers my curiousity 👍🏽

Top Bottom