What's new

Hawkins and Brimble cream

I saw this cream in my local Superdrug for £7, £11 on some sites ,, so took a chance on 2 tubs.
The tins are metal with 100g of very soft cream. Best to scoop a bit in the lid to load the brush as I suspect any water from a damp brush would shorten the life . I've done 2 shaves.
The cream has a slight pink tinge and there only seems one scent, Elmi and ginseng. Not strong, probably like Haslinger strength, but very pleasant and not soapy smell which some cheaper soaps are.
I face lather and the lather gave great glide and protection, no nicks or irritation, I should say this is after using SV, Meißner soaps.
2 passes plus touch up with ATT R1 razor left my skin smooth and soft.
This is a very nice cream. Ì hope they do a hard soap one day. I believe some other UK retailers stock this. Ihave also seen it on Usa sites.

Bought a tub of this and the matching aftershave balm from Sainsburys (£7 for the cream and £6 for the balm). I used them for the first time this morning and would echo the above.

I bowl lathered a small amount with a damp brush and didn't need to add any further water to get a nice consistent lather. Three pass shave felt good, a nice slick and cushioned razor glide with no irritation.
The balm is more like a lotion for me, quite runny and a little goes a long way (had to pat down my face with a towel to get some of the excess). It feels quite soothing and almost like a moisturiser (no alcohol so doesn't give you a burn/sting so won't be for everyone).

Scent wise, they are both Elemi and Ginseng and quite subtle. Its difficult to describe the scent but I would say its a fresh almost citrus scent.

It joins The Real Shaving Company as only creams I would pick up from the UK highstreet, supermarket or pharmacy (although I spotted a tube of Palmolive in Sainsburys for £2 so will try and pick that up for a trial as well)

It joins The Real Shaving Company as only creams I would pick up from the UK highstreet, supermarket or pharmacy (although I spotted a tube of Palmolive in Sainsburys for £2 so will try and pick that up for a trial as well)

I think you'll like Palmolive, it's a great performer which far belies it's price tag.

Also, have you tried Body Shop Maca Root shave cream, available on (some) UK high streets?

I don’t have the Hawkins and Brimble shaving cream, but I do have their other face products, and believe their Elemi and Ginseng scent Is the finest of all the corporate cosmetic grooming scents for men.

I think you'll like Palmolive, it's a great performer which far belies it's price tag.

Also, have you tried Body Shop Maca Root shave cream, available on (some) UK high streets?

Yes, I've seen a lot of good reviews about Palmolive.

Once the Body Shop opens back up I'll be trying that out as well at some point (one in the centre of town). Thanks for the recommendation!

You're not exactly spoiled for choice on the UK highstreet but another good one to try is Superdrugs own brand B.men - superb performance, fresh lively scent and quite often on 2for1 offer.

Something I have noticed is some towns have a cigar/tobacco shop and many of these stock a small range of traditional shaving supplies. Most often it's TOBS but have also seen D.R. Harris, Proraso, Vulfix and Simpsons.

Top Bottom