What's new

HAWARD Rose Gold DE Safety Razor

I just received this rose gold Haward DE safety razor that I had ordered for around 9 euros. It came with 10 DE blades, a small plastic cleaning brush, and some instructions.

Zinc alloy head and aluminum handle, so the handle feels light as a feather.

I haven't tried to shave with it yet, but the finish is impeccable, the blade aligns great on its own, and it is really beautiful to look at. Also, the overall packaging is great, this would make for a great gift. I have posted some pics on the blade alignment and exposure, it looks like a Tech clone?

IMG_20210920_123257.jpgIMG_20210920_122829.jpgIMG_20210920_122756.jpg
IMG_20210920_123008.jpgIMG_20210920_122934.jpg
IMG_20210920_131053.jpgIMG_20210920_131156.jpg

HAWARD has a reseller on Aliexpress called LEMONWALD from whom I bought the handle, it weighs 26 grams, I added a Chinese blue Gillette tech head, I think it gives a good look. After tastes and colors are different for everyone. I don't like heavy handles, this handle has an excellent grip with wet hands, I've never seen that. I do my head and beard without any difficulty with this handle. I don't like big heads and prefer tech heads, I would be curious to know how this head shaves :straight:

DSC00242.JPG
DSC00243.JPG

DSC00244.JPG

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
From the iconic long strip under the base plate, I judge it is inspired by Feather As-d2; but it seems to cancel the useful four corner alignment bumps on the inside of the top cap.

未命名-1.jpg
未命名-1.jpg

The handle also seems to have Feather As-d2 genes.
未命名-1.jpg

Did you shave with it ? If so, how did the shaving experience ?
I hope you didn't end up in a pool of blood or in a hospital.
😂

No, it went great! I was about to right my report!

I would rate this as a mild to medium aggressive razor, it reminded me of Baili BD 176 but with a bit more bite. And, btw, the 10 blades that it came with are unmistakably the Baili BP001 that I reviewed here. These blades are very sharp and very soft on the skin, so that is a win too.

The razor has a relatively big blade gap, but the blade exposure seems rather neutral, so the cutting angle range is a bit narrow, you have to get accustomed to finding a sweet spot (I think all tech clones are like this?).

I have attached my results; my neck appears very thin in the pics actually, it is a bit creepy :p I think the angle didn't help. Anyway, a BBS with a bit more effort than I would put with my Yintal Bronze, but no irritation or nicks.

IMG_20210926_234106.jpgIMG_20210926_234058.jpg

Got around to trying mine. Also cost about 9 euros with ten blades. Mine´s in silver. I agree it´s a mild shaver and q nice razor for the price. Haven´t tried the blades yet.

Reactions: edw
Top Bottom