What's new

Having some neck/jawline irritation issues

I have been using my FUTUR for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. I also have some Proraso green tube, AOS lavender, AOS lemon, and the AOS lavender preshave oil and aftershave balm. My favorite aftershave balm though is my Proraso liquid ASB. I am using a AOS little badger brush currently as well. Thats my set up.

Here's my problem. Along my jaw-line, and neck I get some irritation. Not really razor burn as it's not red and inflamed but during the day I can just feel it. It's just plain irriated. It doesn't seem to matter how gently I shave the area or how much water and later I put on it. The rest of my face I can pretty much shave anyway I'd like without so much as a nick. Any ideas or products to try?

PS. I have ordered the blade sampler pack from LETTERK as I'm currently using Merkur blades. Maybe something else would work better?

I had the same issue. I think it was caused by a combination of me doing one too many passes and using too much pressure. For some reason I want to apply pressure along my jawline to get a close shave. I just had to practice and make sure I was using good technique on my entire face.

How many passes are you doing? How about pressure?

I'm used very light pressure today, basically razor weight only and still there. I do N/S, ear to nose, S/N, and then touch ups. I do rinse and apply more water/lather between passes. I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't wash my face, or at least the bits of face I don't shave to leave some natural oils there.

Could it be the FUTUR is just a bit too aggressive even set at 1.5? Or maybe I'll just give myself a little more time to adjust and see what happens.:confused:

Tom, I am using a Futur with Merkur blades and have had some problems with irritation, esp. on my neck. I hope it is the blades, because I love the razor. I am expecting my sampler pack any time now.

Dave

Tom,

Even when using very light pressure I would advise you to stop after 2 passes, regardless of how much stubble still remains on your face. 3 passes with touch ups is already quite alot when you're new to this wet shaving.

I don't have any experience with the Futur (currently developing my technique using a Long Handle) but if you can dial it lower I would start from there.

Your face definately needs time to adjust to your new shaving habits and try on the easiest setting for a few weeks, develop your technique and then see whether you can dial it up again.

Are you doing the touch ups where the irritation is?

Whats your lather look like?

You could try dropping the s/n and add nose to ear.

Top Bottom