What's new

Having issues making purchases off of online shaving stores.

Hello and happy 4th of July to you all!
So it's been a while now that I've been using my Turkish MasterCard to make transactions on shaving stores from Turkey. Mostly on amazon and TRC (The Razor Company) and I have had no issues at all but whenever I'm trying to make a purchase on any other website, such as West Coast Shaving, Razor Emporium or etc.. I keep getting the following error: "There was an error processing your order, please update your payment method." It got to a point that's extremely annoying now actually. therefor I decided to come here and ask you fellas to see if you're experiencing similar issues (especially fellas with Turkish bank accounts) and ask you for your opinions..
-Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo_2024-07-05_02-59-03.jpg
    photo_2024-07-05_02-59-03.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 13
Have you considered using a PayPal Account? Thought Turkey was Wet-Shave Utopia, that has everything.
Unfortunately Paypal stopped providing services for Turkey back in June 2016 and Idk what to do about this.:crying:
Yes Turkey does indeed have a lot of variety in wet-shaving products but unfortunately what's so scarce and rare among them are American made products. I found out this fact on America's birthday..

Unfortunately Paypal stopped providing services for Turkey back in June 2016 and Idk what to do about this.:crying:
Yes Turkey does indeed have a lot of variety in wet-shaving products but unfortunately what's so scarce and rare among them are American made products. I found out this fact on America's birthday..

Well you need friends in USA to send money to, so they can be like trad agent.

Well you need friends in USA to send money to, so they can be like trad agent.
I do have that actually but the shipping problem is still an issue. that person in the US who buys it then needs to go on and pay another extra fee for shipping which is not feasible at all. I think the only best remaining option would be figuring out how some of these american companies deal with turkish banks and bank accounts and whether there is a solution to this issue.🤔

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I don't know anything about Turkey's financial system. But as a USA citizen, every card comes with an expiration date. Often times what happens is, the card you have on file, eventually expires, and even if you get a new one, you might forget to update your card info. So that might possibly be it? If not, then its time to call your bank, and ask them to look into it.

I wonder if it's because of the bank backing your card? A Mastercard should be universal but if your card's bank isn't in the negotiating group, it might be the reason. Just a procedure thing. Or your card might need permission to be used over in the States. I had to have Chase authorize my card for use in Turkey 25 years ago. Didn't find out until I was there. Oops.

I wonder if it's because of the bank backing your card? A Mastercard should be universal but if your card's bank isn't in the negotiating group, it might be the reason. Just a procedure thing. Or your card might need permission to be used over in the States. I had to have Chase authorize my card for use in Turkey 25 years ago. Didn't find out until I was there. Oops.
I’d call the issuing bank and ask them to see if there’s anything on their end. I’ve had the same thing happened to “local” vendors. A quick call was all it took to clear up.

I don't know anything about Turkey's financial system. But as a USA citizen, every card comes with an expiration date. Often times what happens is, the card you have on file, eventually expires, and even if you get a new one, you might forget to update your card info. So that might possibly be it? If not, then its time to call your bank, and ask them to look into it.
Unfortunately or not the card is very up to date and has no expiration issues and in the order hand there are no such things as updating an already released with a expiration date card, expiration date system in turkey.

Last edited:
I mean if it's a region lock type of concept that you're pointing at I gotta say that my card has to limitations hence I can make purchases with it on TRC and amazon.

I’d call the issuing bank and ask them to see if there’s anything on their end. I’ve had the same thing happened to “local” vendors. A quick call was all it took to clear up.
I doubt even that would much help because I don't even exactly know what the issue might be at this point? I call them and say what? why I can't make purchases on mass sellers but not able to on smaller sellers?!

I think one other important detail that I've missed in my initial statement is that my card's currency is turkish lira based, maybe if I change it to a USD based account it might get fixed?!

I think one other important detail that I've missed in my initial statement is that my card's currency is turkish lira based, maybe if I change it to a USD based account it might get fixed?!

What you can do, however, is call the bank that issued your card, provide them with details, and ask why the transaction was declined. You could also inquire whether the bank will issue a credit or debit card in US$ to you.
A possible explanation for your US$ transactions not going through could be currency reserves in the national bank and the decline in the value of the Turkish Lira that may well restrict foreign currency transactions.

When I was based overseas, it had unfortunately also been my experience that some sellers in the US do not like to deal with orders from countries that they are not sure where to locate on a map (see below) or how to spell.

Sadly, it’s a part of life my friend…

B.

1720290896931.png

The silver lining here is that the one specialty retailer where you aren't having any issues, TRC, is absolutely fantastic.

I hope you do get it all sorted, though.

What you can do, however, is call the bank that issued your card, provide them with details, and ask why the transaction was declined. You could also inquire whether the bank will issue a credit or debit card in US$ to you.
A possible explanation for your US$ transactions not going through could be currency reserves in the national bank and the decline in the value of the Turkish Lira that may well restrict foreign currency transactions.

When I was based overseas, it had unfortunately also been my experience that some sellers in the US do not like to deal with orders from countries that they are not sure where to locate on a map (see below) or how to spell.

Sadly, it’s a part of life my friend…

B.

View attachment 1873643
I mean if you can't point down Iran, Turkey and Egypt, Italy and Greece on the map my friend, I gotta say, your national education system is in huge trouble...

I gotta admit, kudos to guys at TRC! stuff that they're doing on a scale never met by any other wet shaving products retailer or dealer. Thanks for the well wishes pal 💚
The silver lining here is that the one specialty retailer where you aren't having any issues, TRC, is absolutely fantastic.

I hope you do get it all sorted, though.

Top Bottom