What's new

Having Allergic Reactions to MWF

I have been using MWF for a while ,about a month and a half , maybe once a week. Each time I have used it , my face has broken out in hives afterwards. I figured , maybe it was a soap I was using to wash my face did it. I have come to the conclusion today it must me the lanolin in it. I am pretty sad to learn of this because I enjoy using it so much. I had ordered an extra refill about a week ago , so that will be most likely going on BST when I redieve it.

Sorry to hear that- I have heard of others having similar problems with MWF and it is very possible that lanolin is to blame.

Do wool sweaters make you itch? I'm curious as to whether or not you can predict a reaction to lanolin in shaving soap by how wool affects you.

Based on my experiences there seems to be no connection. Wool sweaters and scarfs often make me itch, especially the lower part of my neck goes all red and bumpy. However, if I use the MWF my skin feels absolutely marvelous. I even spread out the remainder of the lather on my face and let it sit as I clean up the stuff I used for shaving. Afterwards I can't keep from touching my smooth and soft cheeks!

Do wool sweaters make you itch? I'm curious as to whether or not you can predict a reaction to lanolin in shaving soap by how wool affects you.

Many of them do. Since lanolin seems to be the most profound ingredient differing from my other soaps , I am just assuming that lanolin is the culprit.

A client of mine has a wool allergy. Not 5 mins ago she told me this. She says she does not have a lanolin allergy. I told her to not touch my face!!

Top Bottom