What's new

Haven't posted in a while... A reintroduction!

Hello all,

While I've been a member here for a number of years, I haven't actively posted since 2016 or so... A lot has changed since then. New job, new baby (another on the way). In regards to shaving there's been plenty of new hardware/software... Tried many products and, in a way, I've come full circle... Preferences changing from boar to badger to synthetic, and now back to boar. I've come to the realization that I prefer the scrub/lathering ability of a nice Semogue boar brush. Started with a DE89, started on my quest for greater efficiency while working my way up to an R41. Then finally settled on the Gillette Super Adjustable as my razor of choice which I find the perfect balance of comfort and efficiency. I've also come to realize that while there are so many amazing soaps, splashes, and balms out there, I just keep coming back to Cella.

It's the simple pleasures that can be the greatest pleasures. I think that sums this hobby up in a nutshell... Thanks all for reading and I look forward to talking to you all.

-Ryan

Great to have you back! Congratulations on your child! Time really does separate what are important razors and products. I have somewhere around 14 razors. After around 8 months, I finally found the victor in versatility, beauty and effectiveness: my 1949 Aristocrat. Then in a matter of days, my razor shelf fell and it got damaged irreparably!

But the shave gods were with me and I replaced it the next week for $23!

I also have a Super Adjustable and I like it very much. Did you know there is an 80's version with different knurling on the handle? It has more of a diamond pattern and a durable nylon baseplate. They are much harder to find than the stiped 70's versions. If there is any money left for dad, maybe you can find one on ebay; that is if you're a collector. I would love to have a short handled one, myself.

Great to have you back! Congratulations on your child! Time really does separate what are important razors and products. I have somewhere around 14 razors. After around 8 months, I finally found the victor in versatility, beauty and effectiveness: my 1949 Aristocrat. Then in a matter of days, my razor shelf fell and it got damaged irreparably!

But the shave gods were with me and I replaced it the next week for $23!

I also have a Super Adjustable and I like it very much. Did you know there is an 80's version with different knurling on the handle? It has more of a diamond pattern and a durable nylon baseplate. They are much harder to find than the stiped 70's versions. If there is any money left for dad, maybe you can find one on ebay; that is if you're a collector. I would love to have a short handled one, myself.

Thanks! I did know about the plastic baseplate version. When I bought my long handle I had the option to purchase either version and ultimately decided on the brass baseplate. I also own the short handle version that I take with me when I travel. I may at some point pick up the plastic version to compare/complete the set. :)

Welcome back. The products have increased over the years so better choices these days especially through online sales.

Top Bottom