What's new

Have you tried the new Fine Bay Rum?

Any opinion on Taylor of Bond Street Bay Rum?
After Dominica went away I went on a search and found myself on Old Bond Street.
I like it very much but must confess that I have one of the less educated noses on this site!
I would enjoy reading opinions of TOBS BR
image.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Any opinion on Taylor of Bond Street Bay Rum?
After Dominica went away I went on a search and found myself on Old Bond Street.
I like it very much but must confess that I have one of the less educated noses on this site!
I would enjoy reading opinions of TOBS BR
View attachment 1539979

I have it and use it. I rate it with other Bay Rum aftershaves that have what I call a true Bay Rum scent. It smells like Bay Rum should. If I had to compare it to another...think Captain's Choice Bay Rum and you're right in the ballpark with Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum.

My favorite of the bay rum aftershaves is Ogallala's Limes and Peppercorns Bay Rum. My only problem with the Ogallala brand is the lack of skin soothing ingredients. It's basically witch hazel, alcohol and the fragrance. Their soaps are still one of the best bargains in shaving.

I recently bought some Fine Bay Rum after shave, and I am a bit disappointed. To me it does not smell like Bay Rum at all. Has anyone else tried this product? I would love to hear some other opinions on this aftershave. It smells like nutmeg to me.

View attachment 1520923
Interesting observation and I went right to the spice cabinet and smelled nutmeg; a very woodsy scent to me. I have some of the AS on the way. Should be here next week. Big money in nutmeg back in the day.

Mine came today and used it about 3 hours after shaving. SOLID clove scent, good menthol and alcohol kick but nothing like Snakebite. Scent dissipates in seconds which is fine by me. Like one reviewer said it's a refine version of Pinaud. If you like clove you'll love this.

I think Fine has a no frills Bay Rum scent...but it smells like Bay Rum to my nose.
No frills is right. The clove scent is derived from the Pimenta racemosa tree. That, alcohol and menthol seem to be all that's in there. I like it. Apparently this tree has very good healing properties too.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
No frills is right. The clove scent is derived from the Pimenta racemosa tree. That, alcohol and menthol seem to be all that's in there. I like it. Apparently this tree has very good healing properties too.

Yup...to my nose...it's Bay Rum. No citrus or cinnamon added in.

Top Bottom