What's new

Have you tried any new soaps lately?

proxy.php

Ok so yeah this happened...what can I say, Mystic Water is the truth! I tried the Bay Rum first (that was a week ago) and after the first shave I knew I was a life customer. And if you haven’t ever tried Michelle’s shampoo bars and bar soap (don’t unless you want a thinner thing to spend money on) but for real great product an amazing artisan in Michelle and she couldn’t be easier/nicer to deal with.

Bonus all these samples (I think she knows my weakness)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiseled Face "Banana" Shaving Soap. A delicious way to start your morning. The whole bathroom fills with a nice mild banana aroma. I also got some Stirling Soap "Pharaoh’s Dreamsicle" in the mail today. Haven’t used it yet, but it smells like orange creamsicles.

Tried out PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum Shaving Soap today. I have the CK-6 variety. I was very impressed by the thickness of the lather, which lathered up very quickly. It handled a nice amount of water and provided a slick, thick lather with very good residual slickness. The scent, which I have also in the AS splash, which I love, is substantial for a soap. Overall, this soap is a real pleasure to use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tried my first Stirling soap last night -- Unscented with Beeswax -- and I was duly impressed. I can see why people have been raving about Stirling for so long. Pity Stirling doesn't offer the beeswax formulation with scents...I can't really do lanolin anymore, despite my previous love for MWF.

I'd also got a tub of B&M Lyssa in the same order, and between that and the Vespers I'm starting to think B&M might not be for me, at least scent-wise. They just have so much going on. Not that I don't have favorite soaps & creams with fairly complex scents, just that I usually prefer to keep the complex scents for EdT's and have something simpler for shave time.

I had no problem with the smell, but it did leave my face feeling dry after my 1st use. I tried it again and it wasn't as bad, however the 1st time I rubbed it directly on my face to lather, and the 2cd time I nudged off a few small pieces and put them in a bowl to lather.
Try adding more water than you think you need. I quite like Arko stick on my face but for me it takes a properly wet brush to get a good lather. And it isn't as moisturising as e.g. TOBS or my artisan soaps even then.

I'm a Phoenix & Beau fan but decided to try Goodfellas Smile tallow soaps Tallow n.1 and Inferno. Both good soaps but I need to use them a bit more to dial in the lather. Scents very nice though somehow not quite what I expected from description.

Top Bottom