What's new

Have you saved money?

So I have been DE shaving for 6 months, and I am trying to find if I am saving money actually.

I havent bought a 20 pack of mach 3 in that time and I was going through a box every month and a half. Depending if I felt rich and tossed after the first use. Which I did if I didn't want a breakout.

To get the results I get now yes I would have to. Also now I shave more.

So 45 × 6= 270

Feather ASD2 170 +35 100 blades + 25 PAA + 7 for Arko plus 15 for 100 GSB plus 10 for 100 voskhod + 3.5 Vander hagen. Plus 16 for brush Equals $266

So I have saved $4 in six months. Considering I felt like a spend thrift I think it worked out great.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Yes - I have saved a fortune in cartridges, which I have chosen to spend on razors, brushes, and aftershaves, most of which which was money well spent. Cartridges did not bring me pleasure but razors, brushes, and aftershaves do; that for me is the purpose of money that is not spent on essentials. I suggest the OP will save a lot more in the next six months..... unless RAD/BAD etc. take over :D

You should have been here when @Kennyg2019 joined! It was wild watching him order EVERYTHING real time. He made some quality posts, but man was things happening fast paced. Threads with dozens of pages. He is still at it and has jumped down a new rabbit hole after a lull in the acquisition storm.
I can be like that, but that's why i got the Feather second purchase. My future purchases would have to be superior

I can be like that, but that's why i got the Feather second purchase. My future purchases would have to be superior
I don't know if you saw my posts on the SR Kamisori thread, but I got a defective Feather. I took the opportunity to choose what I should have got in the first place. The top of the line model, while it is sale. Same with the Timeless, almost bought the Stainless. Waited and got the Ti I wanted. What I am saying is: planned acquisitions. :crazy:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Heck no. I’ve spent way more money than I ever did with cartridges. And that’s including being bearded for about 5 years or so off and on. But I enjoy the shaves a lot more so I don’t care about the money spent. Money is no longer a factor in my shave routine.

I don't know if you saw my posts on the SR Kamisori thread, but I got a defective Feather. I took the opportunity to choose what I should have got in the first place. The top of the line model, while it is sale. Same with the Timeless, almost bought the Stainless. Waited and got the Ti I wanted. What I am saying is: planned acquisitions. :crazy:
Buy once and cry once works for me

I am kinda poor. Back when I worked at ExxonMobil I was raking it in. Now not so much.
I even have a roommate now
I didn't want to sound judgy, I know what area you live in and couldn't image living on bottom level Starbucks wages. Wherever you are in the hierarchy, as longer as you are surviving and enjoying your self. I will no longer poke you about buying things and needed this reminder that not everybody is hear to have other people spend their money for them. Hopefully you at least have today off. 😬

Top Bottom