What's new

Have you saved money?

I guess we should also consider that even if we are not saving any money, we are spending in what we want to try / what we like, not on disposable cartridges and foam products.

True and such shaving forums are making us feel good, because most people around here have the same addiction and ill.. I mean passion and the other reason is that I would be ashamed if my friends know how many razors and other things I own as well as random people who know where I live, because they might get their crowbars and try to rob me at some point :D.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
So I have been DE shaving for 6 months, and I am trying to find if I am saving money actually.

I havent bought a 20 pack of mach 3 in that time and I was going through a box every month and a half. Depending if I felt rich and tossed after the first use. Which I did if I didn't want a breakout.

To get the results I get now yes I would have to. Also now I shave more.

So 45 × 6= 270

Feather ASD2 170 +35 100 blades + 25 PAA + 7 for Arko plus 15 for 100 GSB plus 10 for 100 voskhod + 3.5 Vander hagen. Plus 16 for brush Equals $266

So I have saved $4 in six months. Considering I felt like a spend thrift I think it worked out great.

Truth is, we go into this thinking were going to save a lot of money on not buying cartridge packs for cartridge razors. Trouble is, we don't just stop at one razor and one pack of blades do we? Were buying 300 razor blades, 12 tubs of soaps, 20 brushes, 20 razors, preshaves, aftershaves, alum blocks, multiple shave bowls. The list is endless. By the years end, you will have spent at least 1000 dollars.

And then once you realize you failed on the financial situation, you ask yourself, where did I go wrong? Well, you fell in love with a hobby, and then suddenly, without warning, it took over you. HAHA! - I myself couldn't believe that I spent almost 400 dollar this month alone, crazy! But I must admit, I do love my DE shaves.

So do we really save money? Not really. I mean, maybe if any of us developed real will control, we might be able to really achieve that battle. Now, I myself personally, do not plan to buy more razors. But I will be buying more razor blades of course. But for now, I'll be doing ok. Just waiting on my most recent orders to arrive.

I even got a brush I am waiting on, that is going to take a very long time to get here due to covid lockdown in China. Either way, its a fun hobby, so just enjoy. But try to not go bankrupt, thats definitely solid advice, financially speaking lol.

Truth is, we go into this thinking were going to save a lot of money on not buying cartridge packs for cartridge razors. Trouble is, we don't just stop at one razor and one pack of blades do we? Were buying 300 razor blades, 12 tubs of soaps, 20 brushes, 20 razors, preshaves, aftershaves, alum blocks, multiple shave bowls. The list is endless. By the years end, you will have spent at least 1000 dollars.

And then once you realize you failed on the financial situation, you ask yourself, where did I go wrong? Well, you fell in love with a hobby, and then suddenly, without warning, it took over you. HAHA! - I myself couldn't believe that I spent almost 400 dollar this month alone, crazy! But I must admit, I do love my DE shaves.

So do we really save money? Not really. I mean, maybe if any of us developed real will control, we might be able to really achieve that battle. Now, I myself personally, do not plan to buy more razors. But I will be buying more razor blades of course. But for now, I'll be doing ok. Just waiting on my most recent orders to arrive.

I even got a brush I am waiting on, that is going to take a very long time to get here due to covid lockdown in China. Either way, its a fun hobby, so just enjoy. But try to not go bankrupt, thats definitely solid advice, financially speaking lol.
Wow. It can get like that. More and more I am so glad I spent that extra on a Feather.. I love it and won't buy another. I am going to save a lot. Mach 3 went up a lot looms like a Costco so....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I saved money today... I didn't buy anything.... oh.. correction... I bought 6 sweet onions and a beefsteak tomato, but nothing online... nothing shave related.... I do have several packages in the mail, UPS and FedEx, however... Not all for me...

I saved money today... I didn't buy anything.... oh.. correction... I bought 6 sweet onions and a beefsteak tomato, but nothing online... nothing shave related.... I do have several packages in the mail, UPS and FedEx, however... Not all for me...
Don't worry...I'm sure you'll makeup for it tomorrow! :clap:

The last three or four years I've probably averaged one new soap a year (that I didn't need), and that's it. I just ordered some bath soap from Sterling and I had to get a puck of shave soap while I was ordering. I figure that I could probably sell all of my razors for about what I paid for them, so there's that.

I got into this with the sole intention of saving money on something I had to do that I didn't enjoy. Then the weirdest thing happened....I really enjoyed it.... everything about it. It's become a hobby and spending money on a hobby is fun. I mean seriously, I'm talking about shaving with strangers on the internet. That's how much I enjoy this hobby!! Cigars and golf are my other hobbies and I've never talked to strangers on the internet about those.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Yes, for the first 30min of my first order. Then I clicked purchase.

You have done well, the First Order approves of your loyalty. :p

Star Wars Ok GIF

So I have been DE shaving for 6 months, and I am trying to find if I am saving money actually.

I havent bought a 20 pack of mach 3 in that time and I was going through a box every month and a half. Depending if I felt rich and tossed after the first use. Which I did if I didn't want a breakout.

To get the results I get now yes I would have to. Also now I shave more.

So 45 × 6= 270

Feather ASD2 170 +35 100 blades + 25 PAA + 7 for Arko plus 15 for 100 GSB plus 10 for 100 voskhod + 3.5 Vander hagen. Plus 16 for brush Equals $266

So I have saved $4 in six months. https://bat.loans/1-hour-payday-loans/ Considering I felt like a spend thrift I think it worked out great.
Thank you

If I look at it from a shaving perspective maybe my grand grand children using my tens of razors will save.
If I look at the money saved on meditation, yoga, psycotherapy and the other "feel good stuff" it's still a good deal ahah...or at least this is what I keep telling myself when I buy new stuff

On the one hand my cost per shave is way down of course. On the other hand I have accumulated a bunch of stuff that assures my cost/shave will stay down indefinitely. Have I saved money? Overall maybe not, but I have stopped getting ripped off, which is, what I realize now, what I was after all along.

Top Bottom