What's new

Have you purchased multiples of one item ?

What I am asking here is if you have tried something and like it so well that you have purchased multiples.

It may be soap, cream, razor, blades, brush, strops, etc.

In my case, I still have over 50 sticks of Arko even after giving some away and trading some. :blush:

2 Semogue SOC's
2 Semogue 610's
3 of the same open comb razors
100+ Blue Israeli Personna Double Edge Razor Blades
100+ Red Personna Israeli Double Edge Razor Blades

So what have you purchased multiples of that will stay in your den?

Let me clarify that these are items you have multiples of that you intend to keep.

Software - until used up
Hardware - as back-ups or until you pass

Identical? Other than DE blades, just Arko and some Bigelow EDC (buy 2 get 1 free, so I bought 2 each of white, blue, and black).
Similar? I bought a 2011 R41, 2010 R41, and R89, each with a different handle (black, white, and chrome), and I have 7 straight razors, but all 7 are different designs/makers.

So for the most part, I've only duplicated consumables.

Not yet but soon. I need another SOC boar, Razorock Don Marco and one or two more Haslingers ewe milk soap. My three favorite pieces of hardware/software.

A back-up Slim is the only intentional redundancy (blades aside). I have some duplicate razors picked up in lots that I wouldn't count.

Yes.

Once I've established that an item is a 'keeper' in my shave den, duplicates are obtained as a backup.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've had a second tub of Castle Forbes Lavender waiting patiently while I (finally almost) finish the current tub. It's been waiting since October.

I have about 3 pucks of original Old Spice shave soap that I am hoarding. 4 tubes of C.O. Bigelow, 6 tubes of OS fresh lime. And 5 pucks of a local artisans soap.

6x NEW Long Comb's (2x English Gillette's, 2x English 7 O'Clock's, 1x English AS&CO, 1 x US Gillette with a bent tooth). Awesome head for a heavy handle like my Weber Bulldog, so i bought a few :)

2x HD Rockets (2nd was part of a razor lot, i'll probably keep it)

I have a pair of Gem single edge razors that are not quite identical (one is gold tone and the other nickel). Other than that, the only thing I have a bunch of are Personna single edge blades, Feather DE blades, and Polsilver DEs.

There was a chap who had purchased a full series of Muehle Retro Series brushes (all four of them).

I really enjoy my RP2...I am sure it will last a long time...how long would it take to go through a full set of them....

Top Bottom