What's new

Have you found your one and only wax?

I recently made the decision ---after months of experimentation -- to reduce my waxes to just one. Lucky Tiger Mustache Balm/Wax. I have tried many and this is the one I enjoy the most. I have used it daily now for several weeks and it does the trick for me. The rest will be set aside for the museum. Have you found your one and only?

“Can You Handlebar” primary way is the best I’ve tried so far. Holds solid for 8+ hours and doesn’t feel like your lacquered your upper lip. Very high quality ingredients and made in Michigan. I usually order it from Amazon.

Moustache Care

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
And you don't supply the recipe?
:001_tt2:

I have done several times actually :D

My beard oil is:
50% Fractionated coconut oil
25% Jojoba oil
25% Argan oil

My tash wax is my beard oil with some white beeswax pellets added and melted/mixed together. Vary the hold strength with how much beeswax you add. Simple! :)

I don't scent the beard oil, but tend to add a drop (just one) of tea tree oil to the tash wax just before I melt and mix it.

I have done several times actually :D

My beard oil is:
50% Fractionated coconut oil
25% Jojoba oil
25% Argan oil

My tash wax is my beard oil with some white beeswax pellets added and melted/mixed together. Vary the hold strength with how much beeswax you add. Simple! :)

I don't scent the beard oil, but tend to add a drop (just one) of tea tree oil to the tash wax just before I melt and mix it.
Thanks!
I'm the guy that has posted my DIY pre/after-shave/beard oil in a few threads :) So I like making my own product when I can. Plan on making a AS balm in the near future.

My pre/after/beard oil
6 parts Castor
3 parts Sweet Almond w/ vit E
2 parts Jojoba
2 parts Argan
EO to taste, err, smell.

I wonder if just mixing some of your standard concoction with some coconut oil would work? (the solid white stuff, not the clear liquid stuff I use)

I actually have some shea butter I plan on melting and adding with it, and perhaps some witch hazel as well.

I might have a go myself at some point. I've still got a bottle and a half of balm though, so it won't be soon :)

I'm working on my EO flavoring.:) That way I can have the aroma before, during, after, and cupping my beard/moustache and inhaling the aroma even longer into the day.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm working on my EO flavoring.:) That way I can have the aroma before, during, after, and cupping my beard/moustache and inhaling the aroma even longer into the day.

Just remember to stick to the foodsafe ones, and steer well clear of the others ;)

I have several, but will be sticking with Murray's Supeior pomade for my mustache. It has been the best so far, in terms of hold and appearance.

A closer runner up was Schmiere pomade.
Capt. Fawcetts was nice, but pricy for the amount, and worked as well as the Schmiere did.
Firehouse Tacky is difficult to apply.
Reuzel works well, but the over-power smell of it (fruity candy in this case) was too much.
Clubman was the worst

I wonder if just mixing some of your standard concoction with some coconut oil would work? (the solid white stuff, not the clear liquid stuff I use)
I ended up using 1 part each of blend, witch hazel, coconut oil, shea butter. Thought it was going to be too thin until the next morning. Was good thickness, but left oily feel afterwards, and found out I don't like smell of shea butter. Will try leaving it out next time to see how I like it. Using it as a pre-shave oil (more like butter) at the moment.

Top Bottom