What's new

Have you ever not been able to finish a shave with a new blade?

I can’t remember if I stopped halfway through but I remember my worst ever shave being with a Feather blade, probably in a New LC. It made a real mess of my face. It was odd because the first time I used a Feather, I really enjoyed it and this second time was a new blade from the same tuck.

Once with an Astra SP, my daily driver. One side just really rough and draggy, not the other side, nor any of the other blades in the 5Pack. Blip in the process? Who knows?

Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby Derby

Sharp Hi Chromium. Lasted one pass, I would of been better off using a carrot peeler, which is what I probably turned my razor into with that blade.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Bic Chromium. Sucks in every razor I've ever used it in save for the Focus R48 that takes it broken in half. That razor clamps it so tightly and so close to the edge that every blade I've every used in it feels identical.

Many rave about the Bic. Not me. Plucking each whisker with a needle nose pliers would be preferable.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Brand new, fresh out off the wrapper Bic Chrome Platinum. After three swipes and a lot of grimacing, I put down the razor and grabbed another one with a different blade in it. Gotta believe it was a QC dud...a fluke.

Another Bic complainer here. Couldn’t believe it was even technically a blade. Snag, snag, snag, and pull. No slicing. Complete and utter garbage.

For sure has happened with me.

On the hunt for my favorite blades, I picked up Wilkinson swords. I think I got three shaves in. On the third shave I just knew there’s no way I can continue using them. I could feel the razor absolutely burning my skin with each pass. Stopped mid-shave, I think on my second pass, twisted open the butterfly doors, threw away the blade and put in a Parker blade (my first one ever) and did two more passes.

I still remember the feeling of that burn. Wow it was painful. The remaining swords were given to a friend of mine.

Only once and that was with a vintage made in Sheffield Jewel blade. I say it was the blade as I gan generally get a decent shave with most blades including Bic Chrome's (one of my favourites) and Dorco ST300 (average blade for me).

This Jewel blade was one of 9 remaining in n a tuck I purchased in 2000 when I was in England. After trying the blade for one swipe of my cheek, I realised why 9 blades were left from a tuck of 10 blades. Terrible blades and there is now a tuck with 8 blades remaining for when I need to remind myself how bad DE shaving can be.

Several times usually if the blade as gone dull (one shave to many)
Occasionally when a blade just didn't worked out for me

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
IMG_20200512_204712.jpg

The blade that has caused me the most frustration so far is not sharp enough or long lasting.

The quality control seems to be so unstable that I once encountered a blade that could not be shaved at the beginning.

Bic Chromium. Sucks in every razor I've ever used it in save for the Focus R48 that takes it broken in half. That razor clamps it so tightly and so close to the edge that every blade I've every used in it feels identical.

Many rave about the Bic. Not me. Plucking each whisker with a needle nose pliers would be preferable.
Brand new, fresh out off the wrapper Bic Chrome Platinum. After three swipes and a lot of grimacing, I put down the razor and grabbed another one with a different blade in it. Gotta believe it was a QC dud...a fluke.
Another Bic complainer here. Couldn’t believe it was even technically a blade. Snag, snag, snag, and pull. No slicing. Complete and utter garbage.
Wonder where you got those particular BIC blades from? I got mine from razor blades club, and it’s one of the sharpest blades I’ve tried.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Wonder where you got those particular BIC blades from? I got mine from razor blades club, and it’s one of the sharpest blades I’ve tried.

tryablade.com

I agree with you...if you look at the sharpness rating, the Big Chrome Platinum is a very sharp blade. That's why I think I had a dud.

Tryablade.com for me, too, so that may be part of the problem. I thought about buying some from Amazon after, but there are well more than a few comments with the same complaint. Figured if enough other people had the same problem then there must be at least some truth to it.

Top Bottom