What's new

Have you ever liked a razor so much you bought it more than once?

Have bought five of the Wilkinson Sword black plastic razors. Great design ! Seen here with my homemade plastic shims for use with all blades of various sharpness.

Attachments

• Photo-0001.jpg
    Photo-0001.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 20
Here in Germany we often call the razor which heals RAD the "exit razor". After finding it hopefully no further search for the razor giving the max whatever one looks for when buying the next dozens...
And today I have bought the next razor: Homelikeshaving Colibri!!! So still searching...

I bought a back up Edwin Jagger DE89 (the unlined version) after I had been wet shaving for a few years. I was worried they might stop making them and there was a big sale). I ended up giving this to my dad when the screw in his Wilkinson Sword Classic broke. He really loves it!

Haha. So many times. Both new and vintage razors. It would be a very long list and it would take me probably 2 days. One day for the Gillettes and one day for the others. For example I have 5 Super Slim Twists and 5 white handle Slim Twists, also 5 G1000 etc. etc.

Boy, I got nothing on you guys. A couple hours ago I remembered that I have 3 Fatboys stored in my razor drawer. 1 D-3 w/ case, 1 D-1 w/ case and 1 G-1 w/out case. All in great condition.

Regular Super Speeds. The sounds they make while shaving are music and the Red Tip...a symphony.

Flares, 40s type, black handles...they all need me...

I get easier shaves with Techs but that SS sound 🤩

I've owned multiple Techs, several black plastic Wilkinson Sword Classics, two Feather Portables (basically a Tech clone), two G-Bars, and two Merkur 15Cs over the years. I have none of them now, but I'd buy one again if I needed to.

I love Gillette thin cap old types. Not only for the amazing shaves they give me but the history they have. IMHO Gillette got it right with the first design. I have 2 double rings, 3 single rings, an ABC pocket edition, and 3 ball ends.

Three times I have made a razor. I prefer any of them to the Merkur 23C I bought. The first has a baseplate from PVC and a top cap from thinwall conduit. The second is welded from mild steel rod and flatbar. The third is shown in the photo and is from scrap aluminum bar mostly filed by hand. This third one is my daily driver, although all of them do a very fine job. I did not make three because I wanted a back up, but because I got an idea and wanted to try it. At times a spare for travel was tempting, but we have less and less need to travel for several reasons.
125CCB9E-A2E9-443C-8256-612E36561D2E.jpeg

Oneblade core, used one extra for travel and spare because afraid they would no longer exist.

the Broman is likely to get a brother for the same reason.

when i was a lot younger many many years ago it was these ones yes they have 2 blades so they fall into double edge (maybee ) but i just had to keep buying them as no matter how i tried i just couldn't change the blade .
81cM3EBuoLL.jpg

Top Bottom