What's new

Have you ever liked a razor so much you bought it more than once?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Not exactly...

I bought a spare top cap, and a spare complete head for my Edwin Jagger DE3D14. Sadly I couldn't get a spare head for my Merkur 985, so I bought a 41C on the 1904 hexagonal handle. That gives me a spare head for the Merkur, and spare handle for the Jagger.

Shake Sharp, Enders Speed, Gem Micromatic OC and Clog-Pruf, Stahly Live Blade. For travel. And apocalypse insurance.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Original razor was a DE89 with extra grip handle, then bought another DE89 with Black laser cut handle. A month later bought a Muhle R89 with Rose Gold handle. All shave the same, but look good in the display rack.

I've bought spares for several of my favorite razors. I own two R41 2011s, three Charcoal Goods Level 3 first generations, two PAA DOC Evos, three Gem MMOCs, two Schick E2s, and likely others I can't remember.

Gillette Techs. Started out with a third quarter 1954 ball end tech then got the idea that I wanted to get a complete “quarter” set. Halfway to that goal with a recent purchase. Also have both a pre war and post war fat handle techs on the way. Also have a post war contract tech and NDC post war regular ball end tech

I don't know if this counts, I think it does. I have the Rockwell 6S and I like it so much that I purchased the 6C for travel. I wanted to have the same experience, but for half the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Whenever I see a Super Speed, a fat handle Tech, or a 70s British aluminium Tech in excellent to mint condition (or if I can tell that a cleaning will result in it being in excellent condition) and it costs $15 or less I will probably buy it.

After my first shave with the Leaf Razor I ordered another. With the prejudice for DEs I didn't know how long the Leaf would be available. Happy as I'm now waiting for a Twig to try.

Hi,

Yes. The Fasan Double Slant. The first, all plastic, in 2013. The second, with the metal top cap in 2014. I then passed the first one on. Then, I got to thinking about how bakelite cracks and Zamak rots, so I bought another all plastic Fasan as a spare. They take a little time to acquire.

Besides, as I use them with different handles, the look different than they did originally.

Everything else was/is only a one-up.

Stan

Yes bought the Rockwell 6C about 6 months ago and recently got the 6S as well, just because its such a well crafted and high performance razor

Yes, on a few occasions.
Long and short handle versions of the black beauty razors.

Gillette techs gold and white in fat handle and ball end.

Gem GBar single edge, because I like how it shaves, nice and mild and the styling is timelessly cool.

I have others that were duplicates when buying lots from auctions but were not target acquisitions.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have dozens of RFB's and British Flat Bottoms. I love them. Buy as many as i can.

Lots of Techs and Super Speeds as well. Some models I have 2 or 3 of the same.

I have two Psycho razors and two Hybrid Techs too.

Nothing wrong with being a collector, until it crosses over into hoarder territory. :)

Top Bottom