What's new

Have you ever liked a razor so much you bought it more than once?

Title says it all. If so, what razor was it and what was your reason for buying another one? IE, one for travel and one for home?

Yes Edwin Jagger DE89 had initially bought the chrome handle and loved the razor so much bought the ivory finish handle same variant as well! By the way the ivory finish handled razor is the most beautiful razor I possess till now!

The reason I bought the ivory handle is because my wife loved the Royal look and finish of the same and insisted that I must buy this if at all I need to buy another while I wanted to buy the ebony handle!

since I do not have a picture of the chrome handle DE89 posting a pic taken from the web below. The ivory handled razor was used today and had clicked a pic along with the blade
B2C8D2FC-BF02-467F-96D4-BBFF3D40DBE6.jpeg

02CB5D0E-D5DC-419B-8AEE-DD904E0C8122.jpeg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Gem Junior Bar (Lather Catcher), Gem Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC), Gem Damaskeenes, Gem/Ever-Ready 1912s, Gem Featherweight, Schick Type A, Schick Type E, Schick Type G, Schick Type H, Kampfe Bros Star 1901 (Lather Catcher), Gillette Single Ring (various dates), Gillette RFB, Gillette Tech....okay, the list goes on for a while. Most (99%) of the time it's because the razor is "so nice I buy it twice" -- which stems from a combination of the following: "having backups for the shave-apocalypse", "having inventory for future PIFs", and being just a good old-fashioned "hoarder extraordinaire". I will say that I haven't found a modern razor that I feel the need to duplicate, but as you can tell from my list, my preferences run towards the vintage.

Last edited:
I own a number of vintage gillette techs. I love them. And when I see one on ebay for 10 bucks I have a hard time resisting even though I obviously don't need another.

Gillette Heritage Razor bought it got the perfect shave and bought a spare. Merkur 34c bought it loved it bought the Gold version. To name but a couple😉

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Bought Merkur 38C, loved it. Then bought 34C, same head but a different razor. Now looking at Merkur 1904 Classic, because I like the look, but imagine it will be similar to 34C. Different but same.

A collection of four fatboys, three or maybe four Rocket 500's, two Aristocrat Jr.'s at least 3 or 4 Superspeeds. In all cases I have both "user grade" examples which means lots of plating loss, scratches and dings. These are the ones I use and pristine examples that I intend as gifts.

Yes i have 4 sons 40,38,36,27 so i buy things in lots or 5 or 6's like aftershave, Soaps,Razors, ect. Always on the look out for things on sale.

Aye, a Merkur Futur in polished chrome.
I have toyed with buying a back-up DE89, which was my second ever DE razor and a go-to for most of the last 7 years.
However, I am likely going to get a stainless steel razor next.

Ordered a dark Tatara Masamune. After it arrived, a couple of weeks later a 2nd one showed up. Contacted Tatara, offered to buy the 2nd one. Figure the genetic offspring will use it in a couple of years, if not I have a spare.

Top Bottom